Where's God?

Where's God?

Glad you asked! The answer? Everywhere.

23
Where's God?

In this crazy world we live in it is so easy to get caught up in the drama and the mess. We feel like we need to buck up and deal with it all on our own. Then, as time goes by our determination falls and we all of a sudden realize just how weak the fight has made us. It makes us question who can help us and where on Earth.

Has this God character been throughout the whole process? I mean if God is so amazing why wouldn’t He give me that sign to point me towards all the answers or why wouldn’t He give me the strength keep me going? We get stuck thinking He obviously is too busy for me, doesn’t care, or better yet, does He even exist? I personally have experienced all of those emotions and all they lead to is frustration, confusion, and rejection.

BUT, here’s the great news. None of those thoughts are accurate by any means! What we fail to realize is that God has been there the whole entire time but He gives us free will for a reason. If you come to Him you bet He’ll be giving you that guidance and strength, but if you don’t He has to get creative! So, don’t fall into the trap to thinking that He’s doing nothing if you can't "see" Him or "feel His presence. Even when we don’t recognize it, He’s trying to get our attention or trying to put people in our lives to lead us back to the surface when we feel like we’re drowning. He doesn’t just simply care about us, He loves us so deeply that it pains Him to see us hurting! He will do whatever possible to help us!

During those times of being lost, confused, and just outright discouraged from trying anymore take a second and ask yourself, “Where’s God?” Think about everything. Is there someone new in your life that has a certain kind of lightness to them? Have you seen a TV show or movie with an encouraging message lately? Even something as simple as seeing a rainbow after a storm! I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and every cause has an effect that has been created by God. None of those things are just by chance! God is trying to get through to you in any way possible so that you can feel His love, strength, and guidance!

It saddens me so deeply to think that there are some who completely miss those signs and end up living their lives always missing that little piece of their heart that can only be filled by God. The worst part about that is that they often don’t even realize what they’re missing!

As Christianity is often misconstrued, it has nothing to do with being a “Holy person” or making all the right decisions but everything to do with the fullness of life you feel when God’s love is inside of you! It’s truly not something you can really explain until you feel it, but once you have you’ll realize it’s not something you can ever live without and the best part is that you don’t have to! Because of the amazing sacrifice made for us by Jesus, we never have to live without God’s love! When we come to Him we are welcomed with open arms, a huge hug, and a party!

So, the next time you are caught up in your mess, your friend's mess, or the world’s mess, take a second and look for God. I can guarantee you’ll find Him somewhere in your day to day life trying to reach out to you and begging for you to RSVP to your immediate party of love and acceptance! Take a second, reflect, and rejoice in all that the Lord is waiting to give you! There is nothing He can’t handle and through Him there is good in everything! Believe that.