I See God But I Don't Always Hear Him

I See God But I Don't Always Hear Him

a daily struggle in today's world

22
I See God But I Don't Always Hear Him
Pexel

As a Christian, I know that God is omnipresent. He's omnipotent. Omniscient. God is everything. God is joy. God is just.God is love. I know this all in the way that I know that the acceleration of gravity is -9.8 meters per second squared. I know it in the way that I know the Earth travels at 1,040 mph around the sun and in the way that I know the air I breathe is a perfect mixture of elements that could just as easily kill me.

I know that God is an omnipresent, omnipotent, God of love and justice (which really are the same thing), and that I am His, the child of the creator of the universe... and yet sometimes that means nothing to me.

It's like the random facts I provided earlier. If you're not some sort of science person, the knowledge of the force of gravity probably has no apparent bearing on your life. You take it for granted. You wouldn't truly understand the essence of gravity unless you were put into an anti-gravity chamber. The speed that the Earth travels doesn't really matter to you, in fact we're not even truly aware it's moving and probably wouldn't until the currents stopped, the Earth froze, or whatever disastrous thing happens when the Earth doesn't move. You see? I can't even imagine a world where the Earth stops doing what it always does. These things, all of these things of the physical realm, are so fundamental to the essence of who we are as humans and we don't stop to marvel.

I don't remember to stop and marvel at the God of the universe who put the stars into place, who decided not only the force of gravity and the speed of Earth's rotation but blessed us with the brains to understand it, at least in part. I'm not floored daily by the knowledge that my God who knew just where to place the Earth in the solar system so that it would freeze or burst into flames, knows my name and exactly where I'm supposed to be in this crazy life.

It's absolutely incredible. But I forget about all of this because I don't "hear" God. I get so easily disheartened, because I want a relationship with God like there is in the Bible. I want to directly commune with Jesus. I want a prophet to come a give me a word that I know is genuine from the mouth of God. I want explanation for the pains of this life. I want encouragement that I'm doing the right thing. I want him to come and talk to the lost people of this world so that they know him and don't fall. But he doesn't say anything. I don't hear him respond. I see God in everything, but I don't hear him.

But it is the same dang thing.

Every time I see a rainbow, it is the promised reminder that the earth will not flood. When the sun rises each day, when the seasons change, and people grow... God is fulfilling his promises. If nothing else, I am a recipient of the love that is common grace. That is incredible. BUT THERE'S MORE.

God doesn't have to vocally tell me he loves me and is there for me every day because years ago he sent his son to die for me and that is an action that speaks booming volumes over any words. I am loved by God. His holy word promises me that.

While it would be so extremely nice to hear God vocally speak, I see the proof of his presence in the every day grace of this life. While he may never verbally commend me, he has left me his words to follow.

I am immeasurably blessed by a God who gave me life, friendship, food, love, and most importantly, salvation. I need nothing more than the love of God and he does reaffirm that love daily, even if in ways that I don't anticipate.

I encourage you to look into your life and to see the way that God has been influencing you. God is present in your life always, even without speaking. Look around you and feel his presence. Please know that even in silence, he is with you. If a Christian, he is for you.

It's not always easy to trust in something that you can't see, but the truth is God is always there, always working. It's when we're able to let go of our desires, our perceived needs, and surrender to the will of the father that we see him.

I can't promise that you'll ever "hear" him, I have only once, but he's given you his word and it's always been true.

{2 Corinthians 4:18 and Hebrews 1:1}