Map a path towards your goals

So I have already given my thoughts on goal setting in a previous article about new year's resolutions. Since then I have been on a goal setting kick. Yes, I know. This should have been established on January 1st. Well, I am not one to follow the trends. I recently purchased a Passion Planner and as I set it up, it really forced me to look at the goals I want to set and how to go about making them happen.

As I perused through the beginning pages of this planner it introduced something to me (something that I'm sure a lot of you already know about) called: "Passion Roadmap." This is just a fancy way of saying "steps to achieving your goal." However, for me, it was helpful to have this process broken down for me. In all the years that I have set goals, I would "set it and forget it." Then when the end of the year came, all those goals I so eagerly set were either unfulfilled or I forgot where I put the paper I had written these aspirations down on. Either way, I was left feeling disappointed and began to tell myself that insert year here would be the year that I would make it happen (whatever "it" is). But now I have a new weapon in my arsenal against these cheeky little statements: the "roadmap."

The Passion Roadmap breaks things down, giving you the steps needed to finally be victorious over those life objectives. What are these steps? I'm glad you asked. If you didn't, here they are anyway. The short version is:

• Make a wishlist.
  • Prioritize said list.
  • Create a plan of attack.
  • Set a deadline.
  • Crush it!

In going through this process, I learned that the goals I have set for myself are attainable. They were no longer lofty dreams that would work themselves out on their own. I now have a clear path of execution that is realistic. I have the hope that this will finally be "The Year."