9 Study Spots For Purdue Students

9 Go-To Study Spots For Purdue Students

Are you looking for a change of scenery from your usual study spot?

2972
Studying books
https://pxhere.com/en/photo/611824

I feel like one of the unspoken stresses of being a college student is finding a good study spot. I don't know about you, but I can't just do homework everywhere. I need a place that has the right atmosphere, isn't obscenely crowded, and has outlets that I can charge my laptop with. If I find a spot that serves coffee then that's just an added bonus. So, if you're a Boilermaker, check out this list of places nearby that offer some or all of the qualities of a great study spot.

1. The main lounge of Hampton

If you're a Civil Engineering student, this spot probably isn't news to you. After being an engineering student for a year and a half and basically living in Hampton, I came to realize that the main lounge/lobby in Hampton is almost never busy and a great place to study. Go here if you're on campus, have a break between classes, and need somewhere quiet to study or just hang out for a little bit.

2. The lobby of the Co-Rec

Gym

I feel like nobody's first thought when they think of the Co-Rec is, "Oh let's go do some homework there!" Let me tell you, though, the main lobby of the Co-Rec is lowkey a great place to work on your stuff. There is a lot of great seating, it's very well lit, and there is an entire row of barstools that have outlets right in front of them. So, go work on some homework and then do that workout that you might have been putting off.

3. The West Lafayette public library

The library is just barely off campus right across the street from Panda Express. I wouldn't recommend going here to work on homework really late into the night because they close relatively early. The library is great if you're looking for a place that isn't too crowded and is incredibly, incredibly quiet. Most people stick to campus buildings when they want to work on their homework, so sometimes the library is a nice little getaway.

4. The third floor of Krach

Yes, everyone knows that Krach is a common go-to for homework, group projects, etc. More specifically though, the third floor of Krach is the best, in my opinion. My freshman and sophomore year, I spent practically all of my spare time there cranking out projects, essays and what not. The key is getting there at an off-time so that it isn't super busy, and you are able to get a good spot.

5. The basement of Math

Although the basement of the Math building can feel a little creepy sometimes, there is a computer lab there that not many people consider going to for the sake of studying. This makes it a great spot to go. You can set up camp in the corner of the computer lab, it's open 24 hours, and there is even a color printer down there if that happens to be something you need. The fact that it is open all of the time makes it perfect for the occasional all-nighter before an exam.

6. The reading room in Walc

Much like Krach, Walc has become a study spot favorite since its official opening last school year. The building offers tons of different study spaces, such as the reading room. If you need a really quiet place to study, you should head to the reading room, but cross your fingers that you find a spot.

7. Café Literato

Cafe drinks

This trendy café is just right off of campus and is definitely a favorite of mine. Their coffee drinks are delicious. They serve all kinds of different foods. More so, the café just has a really chill vibe that is conducive to productivity or simply catching up with your best friend. If you ever want to get away from the academic building scene, check this location out.

8. The lounge in Beering

In the basement of Beering, there is a decent amount of lounge seating open to anyone and everyone. There are a handful of vending machines close by if you happen to need a pick-me-up while you're working hard on homework. The lounge is also conveniently located next to all of the computer labs in case you need to print something.

9. The Starbucks by Meijer

I saved my absolute favorite for last. The Starbucks on Sagamore that is right in front of Meijer has my heart. It is fairly new and better than any of the other Starbucks around Purdue (and there are like five). There is tons of space inside, it is usually pretty quiet, and there is plenty of parking right in front of it. I love any and all Starbucks, but odds are you'll find me at this one whenever I'm doing homework.