Go on Spring Break. Get Away.
Travel

Go Somewhere For Spring Break, You Won't Regret It

Trust me.

28
Author

Throughout my college career, I have wanted to go on a spring break trip, but this year it hit me harder than ever. This has been the hardest spring semester of my college career, and it was my last spring break to take. I was determined that I was not just going to sit somewhere and binge-watch tv shows like I had in the years past.

As a disclaimer, I did not pay for this trip completely on my own, although I do have every intention of paying my mom back, and I understand that I was very fortunate in that way. If you truly cannot afford it, financial peace of mind is much more important than a week on the beach, but if you have the money to move around or you have a job and can make it work, make it work.

I had every intention of going somewhere and drinking something fruity and frozen on the beach, I was convinced that I needed to truly just sit and relax, but I was wrong. To convince my travel buddy to go with me, my options were limited, and we ended up in Disney.

To be fair, Disney is no bad vacation, it just was not the one I had in mind. But, as it turned out, I did not need to sit on a Mexican resort, I just needed to get away.

What I learned is that I actually only needed a break, no matter what the break was. If I would have just gone home and sat around I would have laid there and thought about all of the responsibilities I was avoiding, but on a true vacation there is no time to worry about that. And while I thought I needed a physical break, I needed a mental break.

Go somewhere, somewhere you have never been before or somewhere completely different from your campus, give your brain a break. And make some memories.

When you graduate and get a job and start a family, you are not going to sit there and tell stories about the time you watched movies on your laptop in bed for a week straight. However, I also am not referencing the type of vacation where you cannot remember every night that happened (unless that is really your style, then you do you I guess).

I mean the vacation where you take too many pictures, and laugh too hard. Where you spend time with people that mean the most to you and the people who make you forget your stressed. The people who you intend to keep around for life and someday you can tell your kids about the time your boyfriend promised you that you would not get "that wet" on Splash Mountain, but then you had to walk around with drenched shorts for the next seven hours.

So do not waste that week off doing nothing. Go somewhere, see people, spend a little extra money, even if it is only for a few days. I promise you that it is worth it. Future you will be glad that you did, I know it.