Go Find Your Endless Summer

Go Find Your Endless Summer

Do not be afraid to find your great perhaps or your endless summer.

20
Go Find Your Endless Summer
Youtube

This sort of summer is not the kind you spend sitting around at home, relaxed and feeling comfortable in your own room. This sort of summer is the kind that overflows the cup that is your soul. This kind of summer is the one where you realize that this world is more than you, or me, or anyone else. It is about experiencing something that can help you grow as a person and change your life forever.

I have not found my endless summer yet, but I know someone who has and I would be lying if I was not envious of him. He explained to all of us "That an "endless summer" refers to a year long pursuit for the perfect wave." I have watched my childhood friend travel the world seeking answers that no one can find here in the middle of Iowa. I have seen him sitting atop the great wall of china, dancing with indigenous tribes in videos on Instagram, playing guitar on the beaches of Thailand and Puerto Rico, and so much more. I have watched him find "All of the secrets of the universe," and ironically he found most of his answers in his hometown in Mexico.

There is something inside all of us that need the type of answers that he has found, and his answers might not be the same ones that you need but you owe it to yourself to find them. Do not let things like fear, comfort, or reluctance get in the way of you becoming the type of person you have always wanted to be. You owe it to yourself to buy that plane ticket and get the hell over the ocean to see what's going on. To visit places that are over flowing with history.

If Bryan can do it so can you. He was an intelligent man intentionally was going to continue his education but decided to fill his cup and travel the world. I couldn't tell you how he chose to travel the ocean instead of traveling to Maine but he did. Now he is an intelligent man with so much of a soul that I can't even believe it.

I chose to receive my education before going on my journey, and that's an okay thing to do. Learning things and becoming friends with great people is something that we all need. However, we also all need to feed this wanderlust inside of us and to find out what the heck is going on inside our brains. I will not let my four years at a university be the only experience that I will ever get. As cliche as it sounds, you only get one chance at this, because there are so many questions inside of me that I sometimes feel like I'm going to explode, and I bet some of you feel the same way.

Bryan said, " we will never get rid of that restlessness or urge for a reason to keep living until we become aware of every single person in our life and say, "I like this person for who they are and not what they have done for me... I believe in humanity. The answer is in us, people. The answer is within our soul, within our single belief, and I believe that belief is love. And love is now."

He inspired me to seek my "great perhaps", my "endless summer". I hope that he can inspire you to find your own.