5 Things I Would Tell My 13-Year-Old Self

5 Things I Wish I Could Go Back And Tell My 13-Year-Old Self

If only time travel was real.

KenzieM
KenzieM
17

When I was in middle school I had a really tough time. I was ridiculed almost every day. I dreamed of how much my life would be different when I was 20. Although most of those dreams haven't come true, it kept me hoping and going.

1. You're beautiful.

I was always so down on myself. I let the people around me dictate how I viewed myself. I wish I could show her how special she was.

2. It's all going to be okay.

I was bullied almost every day. I wished I could go back and tell her that high school was great. I wish I could tell her don't care what anybody else says. I wish I could tell her loving yourself is a thousand times more important than anyone else loving you.

3. You control your own happiness.

I wish I could tell her that she can be happy. Speak up and say that you aren't being treated right. Find things to make you happy, take up a hobby, do something crazy. You are only young once! Do not waste it!

4. Be the strong woman you were raised to be. 

Do not let anyone push you around. You learn this in high school. There is a fine line between being nice and being a pushover. Do not let anyone walk all over you. This lesson takes a little while, but it is a very important one.

5. Enjoy being thirteen.

Life is really short. You learn this the hard way when you are twenty. Spend time with your family. Go on those little trips to Tennessee with your dad. Run around, have a blast. Put more work into martial arts, the thing you love most. Sing just because and have a great time.

Sadly we can't go back in time, but I will never stop trying to be the girl I imagined I was going to be.