Behind The Glitz And Glamour, Celebrities Are Human, Too

Being famous has its advantages and disadvantages.

155
Flickr

While growing up, we would see our favorite actors, actresses, and musicians on TV or in movies. We would see them smiling in front of the cameras at events, wearing the latest fashion trends, having the nicest houses, and vehicles. Of course, we thought they had the perfect lives. They could get whatever they wanted, because they had a lot of money. Unfortunately, it seems like times have not changed much, with thinking that celebrities must have the perfect lives. Especially, with social media around.

With social media, it is much easier for celebrities to show their fans what is going on in their lives, on a daily basis.

A positive reason, for this is celebrities are able to let their fans know, about upcoming projects they are working on. A negative reason, for this is rumors about celebrities are able to spread quicker. A big example I can think of is celebrities, and relationships with their significant others. By being famous, it is tough to be able to do normal activities, such as going to the grocery store, or going to the gym without the paparazzi taking pictures of you. Or fans asking for autographs, and to take pictures with you. It is tough to be able to get any privacy. But that comes with the job, of being well known.

In our society, we put celebrities on a pedestal, and when articles come out about them going through personal issues we get surprised. We often think they do not go through hard times. That could not be further from the truth. They go through relationship issues, feel insecure about themselves, and can feel lonely at times like people who live normal lives.

We need to remember that while the lifestyle celebrities live may seem awesome, they do not get those luxuries for free. They have to work for them.