Not every day is likely to be a great one. You're likely to be happy some days, but not so much on others. When your mood changes from one day to the next, your fitness regimen should, too. You will feel a lot better about getting exercise when you choose the right workout for the way you feel.

Below, Glendalyn Fodra, a trained medical professional with over 25 years of experience, highlights seven different forms of exercise to suit your mood from day to day.

Swim when you're sad

When you're unhappy for any reason, all you want to do is to curl up in bed and lie there undisturbed probably. If a dance exercise class or a regular session at the gym is your usual exercise form of choice, you may not feel up to them when you're blue. Instead of forcing yourself to get to the gym with sheer willpower, you could make it easier on yourself, and simply choose a workout form that your mind doesn't rebel against such as swimming.

Not only is swimming easier on your joints, but it's also ideal when you're low and need to be by yourself as you contemplate your thoughts. However, if you do need someone to talk to as you go about your swimming, you can always encourage a friend to join you. Both of you will quickly swim your blues away.

Sign up to a fitness class if you're lonely

If you have a 9-to-5 desk job, it can get lonely before long. What you need, then, is an exercise that gets you together with people. Signing up to a group fitness class can help. You have so many choices, including spinning, yoga, dance exercise or one of the martial arts. Not only will you have fun working out in a group setting, but you'll also get to make friends among the regulars that you meet every day.

When you feel stressed, do some yoga

If your work or personal life is stressful, it's bound to build to unhealthy levels before long. While any exercise form can help you with your stress, yoga can be one of the best ways available to you. The breathing techniques and moves that you learn in yoga can help your mind focus and lose some stress.

When you feel frustration

Life often turns frustrating. Your frustration may come from the bad traffic that you have to endure driving to work, or from stressful work relationships and circumstances. If you neglect to address your frustration, it could tell on your health.

Putting in some serious time running outside on a jogging trail can be one of the best ways to deal with frustration. The fresh air and the exertion of running can help you clear your mind, and help you detach from your workaday frustrations.

When you feel bored

From being at your desk all day to doing chores around the house and getting a bit predictable exercise at the gym, life can get boring. When the dullness of life gets to you, what you need is a competitive sport that lightens things up. Taking up basketball, football or tennis, or even one of the martial arts, can be a good idea. These exercise types can help you get the exercise that you need, and also put some excitement into your life.

When you feel lazy

Sometimes, you can't get motivated enough to get off the couch. Signing up to a fitness class with a friend can be a great way to make sure that you don't let laziness get the upper hand. Trying something like spinning can help as well. With upbeat music, a skilled instructor pushing you to put in your best, and a friend to take long, you'll find that the activity helps you forget that you ever felt lazy.

When you're mad

Whether it's the way your boss treats you or something insensitive a colleague says to you, anger can build up to unhealthy levels within. Exercise is a great way to blow off some steam. Signing up to a boxing class can help you take out your anger in a productive way. You can get the release that you need punching a bag or sparring with a partner, and work up a sweat, as well.

No matter how you feel, there is probably a great exercise form that helps match your mood. Trying a different exercise form every day to go with the way you feel can help you stay fit, and feel better.

About Glendalyn Fodra:

Glendalyn Fodra is a devoted physical therapist with 25 years of experience in various settings. She is also BLS certified and has mentored PT students. In her professional life, she's devoted to teamwork and achieving excellence through patient care. Mrs. Fodra focuses heavily on skilled nursing and geriatrics, an interest fueled by her desire to improve the quality of life of her patients.