Every Bit Of Pain You Have, Give To God

Every Bit Of Pain You Have, Give To God

Lay your struggles at the cross for the Lord to take.

2984
Every Bit Of Pain You Have, Give To God
Go to the Lord for help, and worship him continually." 1 Chron. 16:11

Many Christians will say that one of the hardest things to do during struggles is to give their problems to God. We want to fix our troubles; we believe that we have to deal with our troubles on our own.

We dwell on our pain; it becomes so much a part of us that it becomes part of our daily lives. It affects our school, work, family, relationships, and friendships. We become toxic people to be around because we are bitter from the hardening of our hearts. We feel we cannot let go of that hurt because if we do, we are not in control anymore and that terrifies us.

Although this is one of the hardest things for us to do, it also has the potential to become the most dangerous. By not giving into God, we let Satan in. He makes us believe that we have to go through these battles alone. However, the weight of the world that we are feeling on our shoulders can be lifted by one finger of our great God, but only if we let him. Jesus can take our mess of a life and turn us into a miracle that lives to worship and praise him.

Bow down at cross and give it away. Giving it to God doesn't mean giving him parts or bits and pieces. It means giving it all to him. It means when worry finds us again we hand it right back to God. It means not trying to solve it on our own because we can't. It means giving him all of the pain, all of our troubles, and all of our shame. Because it's okay to not be okay, but God won't leave you there, as my pastor loves to say. Your past can be forgiven, your present problems can be managed, and your future can be secured.

"I am ready for anything through the strength of Christ who lives in me." Phil. 4:13

When you give your worries to God in prayer, he takes it all. He wants to take it all. He wants you to fall at his feet and need him, to let him in. When we let him have the hurt, the heartache, and the misery he refills our hearts with his spirit, with peace, love, hope, faith, and happiness.

God knows about our pain and our troubles, we aren't strong enough to handle all of our problems on our own. We have to give up eventually, for some it may take hitting the bottom before we start looking up for him to help us get up. Healing begins when we let him take control of our struggles. Piece by piece God can pick you up, dust you off, and make you a new person.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come." 2 Cor. 5:17

Let him in, trade your hurt for peace with the Lord.