Why You Should Give An Experience For The Holidays

Why give a physical gift when you can give the gift of time?

44
Andrew Neel // Unsplash

When it comes to the holidays, it is always hard to find gifts for every single person you care about in your life. Of course, physical objects are great gifts and are much appreciated. However, they are often overlooked as time goes on and eventually not used as much or completely forgotten about.

One of my best friends has started giving people different tickets to things like gifts for birthdays and holidays, which got me thinking about doing something similar. I think that giving time or an experience as a gift is extremely specifical and unique compared to everyone else's presents.

One of my favorite gift ideas is giving concert tickets to people. Whether you want to splurge and spend money on an amazing band that you know someone will love, or if you want to just get some cheap random tickets for people it is much appreciated.

There have been so many times where I have bought tickets to various bands playing in parks because the tickets were cheap and I ended up loving the music. It is really all about the experience, which is something that will last forever.

Another gift idea would be taking someone to a place you know they love.

I know for a fact I would absolutely love if someone took me to the beach or the city for the day. Nothing can beat looking at the sunset and getting a quality burrito with your feet in the sand. People do not need to spend tons of money on gifts when they can go places, buy cheap food, and enjoy their surroundings.

Not only are you able to give your time to friends and family, but you are also able to give time to those that need it most during this season.

Contributing service to those in need is always appreciated and often not thought about. People are so busy nowadays that it seems to be hard for them to find time to contribute to other people. If you have time to go to the movies when you are bored or binge watch your favorite Netflix show, then you definitely have time to prepare food at a homeless shelter or go play with kittens at an animal shelter.

During the holiday season, it can be difficult to think of physical gifts to give. In my opinion, it is way more special to give an experience that someone can remember for time to come. It is not always about the money but rather the intention behind a gift and how much thought is put into it.

Anyone can receive a phone or a shirt as a gift, but not everyone receives the gift of going to their favorite place for the day or spending time at a random concert with people they love. The amazing part of giving an experience means that not it does not need to cost that much money and it makes you stand out from everyone else when giving the gift.