Give The Thanksgiving Season A Chance!

Give The Thanksgiving Season A Chance!

Please at least stop singing Christmas songs

24
Give The Thanksgiving Season A Chance!

Let me repeat my title; GIVE THANKSGIVING A CHANCE! Since November 1st I have heard nothing but “OMG I’m so excited for Christmas!” Calm down, everybody likes Christmas, but November is not the time to get ready for a holiday at the end of December. At least, not the part of November that comes before Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving go nuts. I simply do not understand why some people do not enjoy Thanksgiving, but I have been given several reasons so let’s go through them now.

1. “I just don’t like Thanksgiving food”

Literally how do you not like Thanksgiving food? You got a great turkey, awesome stuffing, delicious mashed potatoes, and the incomparable pumpkin pie. Also, how different is Christmas dinner from Thanksgiving dinner in terms of food? Sure, some people might swap out the turkey for a ham or the pumpkin pie for fruitcake (disgusting BTW), but you still have good old mashed potatoes, so how much different are they really?

2. “There’s just something special about Christmas”

Presents. That’s what is special about Christmas. On the flip side, Thanksgiving is great because you don’t have to worry about buying people presents (and please don’t say “but giving gifts is the best part of Christmas!”).

3. “Thanksgiving stresses me out”

Although the timing of Thanksgiving could be better (right in-between midterm and final season) I think that it is the perfect time to relax before the shit show that is finals week hits us. Enjoy this short break!

4. “You don’t get presents at Thanksgiving”

Valid point. I have no critiques of this issue with Thanksgiving.

Finally, I would just like to say that even if you don’t like Thanksgiving, please for the love of all that is good in this world, at least hold off on playing Christmas music until Black Friday.