Give Thanks

Give Thanks

What are you thankful for?

51
Give Thanks

As Thanksgiving comes and goes it gives us all an opportunity to look at our lives and take stock of the things that matter. This is a reflection that is often overlooked we are so focused on the doing that we never get a chance to step back and look at the work we have accomplished or the people who have made it all worth it. This life is a constant to-do list it seems. But right now we have a chance to stop and give thanks.

So, I will attempt to cut through this go-go world by challenging each of you to take some time to think about what we are thankful for. If it's a friend let them know you appreciate their friendship. If it's an activity take some time, make some time to do the thing. As for me, I am incredibly thankful for the people in my life that keep me on track.

Storytime!

Idk what it is about this semester but I have felt like I have less and less time each day. This has forced me to cut out "non-essential" responsibilities in my life. But in doing so I have stopped feeling human. I don't feel like I can just be. I always have another assignment, another task, just another thing to do.

I felt myself fudging on things that truly mattered to just find rest. I was so worn and spread so thin that I came away from each day just so tired. I had no desire to do anything that I didn't "have" to do.

I got to a point where my Faith was falling apart because of this. I didn't see my one on one time with God as mattering anymore. Everything I did revolve around talking about Him and doing things for Him that I thought I was doing enough. The free time I could find should then be spent on me resting not on Him.

I have a heart for ministry and service. I want to make the world a better place one soul at a time. I have a desire to share the love of the Father which changed my life with the lives of all those around me.

But throughout this semester that desire waned. I felt my involvement in ministry becoming a burden, not a joy. I saw it as a job, not a passion. And coupling this with a faltering prayer life was a formula for disaster.

But thank the Lord, He wasn't done with me yet. He reached out to me through a dear friend. Who challenged me to come back. To not just go through the motions, but feel it in my heart. I was able to go back to Christ and sit with Him.

I just remember the Lord of the universe who I had not felt present in months speak to me saying, "Why do you labor without love in your heart? Do you not know I have always been with you."

Now I wish I could tell you that at this moment everything changed and things have been sunshine and rainbows since, but that would be a lie. I'm still and riding around with training wheels. But things are getting better. And for that, I am eternally thankful.