An Open Letter To The Girl With A Broken Heart

It hurts now, but I promise it is not the end.

249
thesuraya.blogspot.com

I won’t lie, this was going to be called An Open Letter to the Boy Who Broke Your Heart, but I decided that was too cliché and overdone, and I mean he broke your heart and is out of your life for a reason. Does he really deserve an article all about him? The answer is no, he does not. So this turned into an article called An Open Letter to the Girl With the Broken Heart. Now do not read that and instantly assume this was written to bash guys, I’m just a girl so I’m telling my story from a girls perspective, girls hurt guys all the time but I cannot tell that story due to the fact that, well, I’m a girl. So sorry for that, guys if you want a letter, write one or ask another guy to. But, getting back on subject, I want to start by saying that girls, it will be okay. I understand that you hurt so much right now, having a broken heart is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I can relate to the pain you’re feeling right now and I’m going to tell you that it’s okay to be sad. Having the one person that you felt like you could trust with anything, that made you feel safe, just leaving and breaking you, makes you feel so alone. If I could write this and say the exact words to make you feel better, I would. I would have written it so long ago. If I had advice for those girls, who haven’t had that major heartbreak, to keep you from getting your heart broke, I would. But nobody has the answers. Nobody can predict how a relationship will go. I’m sorry, if I could I would, but I can only tell you how to try to pick yourself up, put yourself back together, and move on. Being sad is okay. I promise. But staying sad isn’t okay. You are too good to be sad. Personally, I find that one of the hardest things to do after a break up is to adjust. Having that person that you usually talk to all the time, that’s always there, just not be there anymore is so hard to adjust to. It’s hard to lay in bed at night and not have those positive thoughts about seeing him the next day, but eventually it gets better, you will be okay.

I want you to take the time to be sad, eat comfort food, watch sad movies, listen to sad songs, cry, and take long showers. That is all okay, but only for a little while. Do something to make yourself feel better, treat yourself. Have a girl’s night, stay in or go out, buy yourself something nice, do anything that can put a smile on your face because you are beautiful. You deserve to smile and I don’t want you to ever forget that. You deserve the best. One of my favorite quotes represents this so much, it’s from the movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, “We accept the love we think we deserve.” This means that if you think poorly of yourself, and believe that you don’t deserve the best, you won’t accept the love you truly deserve because you deserve the best. I also want you to remember to love yourself first. That can be the hardest thing to do in a breakup; however, it is the most important thing to remember. I don’t want you to try to move on and find someone new until you are 110% sure that you love yourself. It’s so hard to allow someone to love you when you can’t even love yourself.