Girls Ask Guys: The Undeniable Truth

Girls Ask Guys: The Undeniable Truth

Finding dates for upcoming functions is like no stress you've experienced before.

7

Ah, school is back in full swing. The sun is beating, the clock tower is ringing and sorority girls are frantically trying to find potential dates for upcoming functions.

If you’re like me, you had no idea you would be signing up for this minimized version of hell. “Girls asking guys to be their dates? What kind of sick joke is this? How am I supposed to ask someone to be my date when I don’t even know how to talk to the male specimen?”

These were probably your exact thoughts and/or spoken words at the beginning of freshman year.

Most of LSU Greek Life attended single-sex high schools back in the day, so you’d think that you could get some informative advice from them. You and I both thought wrong. They have no idea what the hell they’re doing either.

You’d be surprised (or not) at how this situation brings out the crazy in sorority girls. 

Here is your typical, melodramatic conversation of three friends discussing (ranting) about the lucky fellows they’re going to invite: 

Friend 1: OK, so I’m going to bring Freddy*, that way you can bring his really hot friend Gabe*. 

Friend 2: Oh, no. I’ve only met Gabe once!!! But he is really cute, now that you say that. Well, Friend 3, you need to invite Kevin* because you met him like five months ago and you two totally hit it off. 

Friend 3: Will he even remember me though?!

All: (screams hysterically).

There you have it folks. The extra stress of finding dates is like no other stress you’ve seen or experienced before. 

If all else fails, ride solo for the night. Paint yourself a party cup and wear the stupid costume you want to wear. Hopefully your friends gave up on finding a date too and you can all go solo together.

*Name dropping isn't nice.