Yes, I'm The Girl Who's 'Always Studying,' No, That's Not A Bad Thing

It isn't the worst thing in the world.

889

“Come on, let’s go out,” your friends shout at you from down the hall, “you need a break from all of this work!” You are so tempted to leave behind your worries and stresses of the workweek and enjoy a great night out with your friends, but that little voice in the back of your head is reminding you of all of your assignments and readings that are due in the upcoming days. That little reminder makes you turn around and re-enter your dorm room, where you will be found for the remainder of the night completing your work.

However, no, being known as “the girl who always studies” isn’t the worst thing to be labeled as.

You know for sure that there are girls out there that are known as far, far worse. But, there are those thoughts that swarm the back of your mind, like “what if they stop inviting me out?” or, “if I really skip studying this one night, do you think I’ll do well on the next exam?”

Overthinking when it comes to studying all the time is endless, and all of your friends know that you very simply want to do well. And, if they’re truly your friends, they’ll understand. But you, just like them, want some time to relax; it's all about finding that balance.When you’re the girl who always studies...

it means sacrificing nights to stay in and focus on what you’re really at school for: yourself.

It means doing work in the wee hours of the morning and the late hours of the night.

It means constantly putting your work before nights out, girl’s nights, football Sundays, and more.

It means trying to find a balance between your schoolwork, extracurricular activities, friends, family visits, and everything in between.

It means making yourself the best student you can possibly be right now, so you can achieve all that you can in the years to come.

No, being known as the “girl who always studies” isn’t the worst thing in the world. And yes, I do it for me — and ONLY me.