To The Girl Who Feels Pressured To Settle Down, Don't

To The Girl Who Feels Pressured to Settle Down, Don't

I know how tough it is to face the world but, keep fighting. Don't give up yet.

2302

Hey girl,

You.

Yes, I am talking to you.

The girl who feels like she is carrying the entire burden of the world.

I know how pressured and worried you feel. You are in your late 20s and while it still feels like you are not an adult yet, your friends and cousins settling down says otherwise. I know how lonely and chained you feel, the suffocation and dread that you have to experience every day. You aren't afraid of settling down but you are scared to do it out of family and peer pressure. You aren't afraid of the big commitment but are terrified that you will be forced to choose the wrong life partner for it.

We all have been there. Counting the days till the closest of our friends and relatives get married because, we know. Once they are done, it is going to be our turn. Everyone starts finding the perfect match for you and forces you to meet guys you have never even heard of before. Your skin crawls and stomach churns every time you have to endure one such meeting but, what can you even say? Your parents emotionally blackmail you and your friends getting married doesn't help your case at all.

But, what I am here to tell you is that it is okay to be scared and vulnerable during such times. Just don't settle because you are scared of dissappointing your family or because you are scared to be alone. Hold your head high and work on your life, make it better. And when it is time for you to settle down, you will know.

You will know and you will find the most amazing partner who will make you feel like this is what being safe and home feels like. He will love you whole, with your flaws and your quirks, and he will make you realize why it didn't work out with anyone before. He will make you laugh and cry, curse and stutter, and you will be happy to finally tie the knot with your own prince charming. Once you are ready and it is time, you will meet the perfect guy for you and you won't feel afraid anymore. Settling down won't seem intimidating or like a task anymore.

So, wait. Wait for the moment, the perfect time to settle down. Trust me, you will know when it arrives and everything will fall into place smoothly. Till then, enjoy your life and live to the fullest. Go and travel the world or learn all the new things that you have ever wanted to try. Learn new languages or some exciting adventure sports. Read books and make something out of yourself. Work hard and achieve what you always dreamt of becoming. But most of all, be happy and live your life.

You will have time to grow up later and start your life again with someone. There is absolutely no need to hurry. So, next time your best friend gets married and you don't know what to do with your life, take a deep breath and focus on what you want. Focus on the best parts of your life and don't give up.

Next time your parents force you to meet someone to settle down, learn to say 'No', Because, this is your life and unless you learn to take responsibility for it, you won't ever truly live it.

So, keep fighting and don't keep any regrets. Life is too short to be living on someone else's terms. Fall in love. Get your heart broken. Be strong. Because, there is only so much you can compromise on but love, love shouldn't be one of those things.

Love,

The girl who understands