The Girls From 'Girl Defined' Take Religion A Bit Too Far

These girls take it so far that it becomes a laughing stock for the YouTube creator world. With reason.

262

I respect religion, I'm not very religious myself, but I do not have a problem with people who are. Even if you do not understand a religion, you have to respect it, it's very simple.

But these girls take it so far that it becomes a laughing stock for the YouTube creator world. With reason.

They have a blog and a Youtube channel. Basically, their goal is to educate girls about how to honor God in our current society. Sounds normal enough, right? If you look at their YouTube channel, it is quite the spectacle.

Here are a couple of titles to their videos that really make me question why they have a following. "Why I Waited Until Marriage to Kiss" or "How To Wear Makeup in a God Honoring Way" or "How to Handle a Breakup in a God Honoring Way", the other titles are mostly harmless but what they preach is something I cannot agree with.

They believe that a woman who claims her sexuality and is free with her body is in the wrong. The sole purpose in life is only to honor God, anything that deviates from that is considered wrong. They categorize guys and make assumptions about every male out there. A guy should have no type of struggle or else he isn't worthy of your time. They teach young girls that their feelings about sex or males are bad.

It's very toxic and it can make young girls feel bad for simply growing up. This type of religious belief is what stifles people's human desires and makes people live by being repressed. Their blog encourages homophobia and racism, it's just a very bad situation all around.

If this was something they believed on their own accord and kept to themselves, I would have no issue with it. However, this is all very public. These are things that young girls see and it could very well influence them in a negative way. They don't simply exist, they try to change the minds of young girls to mold them to have standards that are just ridiculous.

Young girls should be able to discover who they are and love themselves, they should be free. Not everyone who has problems is a bad person and you most certainly shouldn't give up on someone only because they are going through something. It was one thing to make God a significant part of your life and it is another to shove it down other people's throats while promoting a part of a religion that is incredibly toxic.

GirlDefined should focus on expanding their horizons more and realize that there is more than one way to incorporate God into life. Simply stating it, they use religion to promote their bigoted and close-minded view of the world.