71 Things I Wish I Could Do In Summer 2017

The bittersweet thing about summer, plus a bucket list.

61
Flickr

You ever think about how we all look forward to summer, especially college students who just finished a fun, hardworking two semesters and want that time off, but when summer comes it isn't always cracked up to how you were dreaming it'd be?

I see from my own experience that I STILL have close friends I'd like to see, but for some reason do not have the time. For me at least, I think part of the reason is that most kids work in the summer, and you can't seem to find that certain hour in the day that works well for everyone. It's sad that we all have such high hopes for summer, and then at least for me I feel like all I do is work and also feel like summer is almost over. I spend all my mornings and nights at work, taking on two jobs and an internship, and have gone to my favorite place in the world, the Jersey Shore, ONCE since I got home in April. Only once. It's unfair, but at least us kids aren't alone and are sticking through it together.

Don't worry though. I am about to share with you guys my summer bucket list because yes, I still have one and would like to accomplish every single one on this list, even if I feel like it may not be possible. Some of these are Jersey based summer goals, but regardless, here are 71 things I want to do even though I am broke and don’t have all the time. The last couple are the most important by the way.

1) Attend a Country festival

2) Attend a dancing class

3) Have a picnic in a car at a scenic overlook

4) Go to PNC (or any outdoor concert venue)

5) Go to the beach (At least 25 times) and drive through every beach along the shoreline

6) Spend a night in Hoboken

7) Go bowling

8) Go mini golfing

9) Go on a canoe ride (preferably at sunset or sunrise)

10) Go see a movie

11) Go camping

12) Go shopping at the mall

13) See every single friend from high school

14) Go into NYC at least 15 times for shopping, food, and exploring

15) Explore a new state/city

16) Go on a bike ride

17) Go fishing

18) Throw or go to a party

19) Bake/Make something new

20) Watch the sunset/sunrise

21) Tie-Dye shirts

22) Do a juice cleanse

23) Go to a water park

24) Go to Six Flags

25) Go to a zoo or aquarium

26) Have a bonfire with friends and s'mores

27) Read 5 books

28) Go to a baseball game

29) Collect seashells

30) Find a new hobby

31) Fly a kite

32) Go out to eat a new restaurant

33) Go paddle boarding

34) Plant a plant in my backyard

35) Explore the Delaware Water Gap

36) Go on a hike

37) Have a water balloon fight

38) Pull an all-nighter with friend

39) Have a movie marathon

40) Make pizza from scratch

41) Have a BBQ

42) Go on a mini road trip

43) Play Frisbee and football

44) Get outside more

45) Have a game night

46) Have a pajama day

47) Go to a Jersey diner late at night

48) Go stargazing

49) Watch a thunderstorm

50) Go on a boat

51) Swim in a lake

52) Visit an art gallery

53) Go to a museum

54) Pick berries or peaches at a farm

55) Go to a drive-in theater

56) Go to a planetarium

57) Make homemade ice cream

58) Go white water rafting

59) Go birdwatching

60) Go to a carnival

61) Make a fort

62) Visit a historical site

63) Go horseback riding

64) Go roller skating

65) Go a whole day without using my phone

66) Watch a new Netflix show

67) Do something out of my comfort zone

68) Go skydiving

69) Appreciate the little things

70) Enjoy every day, day by day and live in the moment

71) Be happy