To the Girl who's Being Strung Along

To the Girl who's Being Strung Along

"God made your heart too fragile and beautiful for the wrong guy to break."

2831
To the Girl who's Being Strung Along
Chobir Dokan

Girl, please. I know what you’ve been going through. I know this boy you've been talking to is either half-committed, going through personal issues, wants to be “just friends” or isn’t ready to be in a relationship. I know you keep getting mixed signals from him, but all you want is him because he is super attractive and he’s everything you look for in a man. You pray that God will magically work things out for you without having to lift a finger because if He really wanted you two to be together, everything would’ve fallen into place by now.

But at the end of the day you’re still confused and lost. This boy you’ve got stuck on your mind is so perfect in every aspect and you two clique so well together, but you don’t know what’s going on half the time because he doesn’t know what he wants.

I get it because I’ve been there. And let me tell you, it SUCKS.

One day you want to punch the hell out of this boy that you've been talking to, and the other you’re wallowing away and ranting about him to your roommates because he is so fricken amazing.

Girl, if he is “so amazing,” why does he keep making you go back and forth? Why is he causing you this unwanted stress and making you forget how amazing YOU are?

You don’t deserve to be strung along. You don’t deserve to be used or told promises this boy knows he can’t keep. God made your heart too fragile and beautiful for the wrong guy to break. And if you two keep doing "whatever this is," he will break it, and it'll be even worse than it is now.

If you know in your heart that this isn’t going to happen, then why do you keep doing this to yourself? Because he gives you attention? Because someone wants you sometimes? He shows you glimmers of hope?

The right man will MAKE it happen. The right man will SHOWER YOU with attention. The right man will want you ALL THE TIME.

You see what I did there? I switched “guy” to “man” because only a true man could do those things for you.

The right man won’t use you or confuse you. He won’t cause anxiety or stress in your life. He won’t toss you around and forget that you are a human being with feelings. He won’t forget how beautifully amazing you are inside and out. Ultimately, he won’t think twice about whether you are worth it or not. He’ll just know, and so will you.

I’m telling you now, God will MAKE it happen without all the struggle. God will make this day dream fairytale you think about all the time into a living, breathing reality with the right man.

Get your girlfriends to give you pep talks about cutting things off with this boy, or look at yourself in the mirror and say, "I'm not the girl who needs a man, I'm the girl a man needs."

Then do it. It won't be easy talking it through with this boy, but you know in your heart it isn't going to happen and you are WAY better than a girl who lets a boy use her. Let that be your fuel n' fire.

I know it’s easier said than done, but I’m proof that gaining some girl power truly works, and your confidence level will shoot through the roof. It’s going to take a while, and I’m sure you are sick of hearing this too, but time does heal a lot of wounds.

So go get a coffee, eat lunch with your friends, watch a chick flick, shop at the mall and forget this guy who has been messing with your head for too long because I can promise you he isn’t worth a dime.