Top 5 Places To Ghost Hunt In Tucson

Top 5 Places To Ghost Hunt In Tucson

"...make sure to always look behind you..."

159
Top 5 Places To Ghost Hunt In Tucson
Photo by Erik Müller on Unsplash

It's almost Halloween and what better way to get in the spirit than to communicate with spirits? I find the paranormal very interesting so going ghost hunting with a group of friends sounds like the ideal spooky activity. Tucson is known to have a lot of haunted locations, so you have a huge variety on where you want to go depending on what interests you the most.

This is a very old city, so I am certainly not surprised. So, here are some options of the different haunted locations in Tucson that you should definitely look into if you are trying to make the most out of this Halloween. And who knows, the locations might be closer to you than you think.

1. Fox Theatre 

Photo by John Jackson on Unsplash

Located in downtown Tucson near Congress, this theatre is known to have a ton of paranormal activity within it's walls and especially behind its curtains. People report hearing giggling and random voices from the wings. And if you're lucky, if you catch a show, it may be interrupted from a completely unknown source! Shows tend to be interrupted from stuff like props moving on their own!

2. Hotel Congress

Photo by Philipp Balunovic on Unsplash

Hotel Congress, which is also located downtown is fairly old so I am not surprised that there are spirits lurking around. Actually, there is one spirit who is quite famous among the guests and his name is Vince. People who stay at the hotel report seeing his ghost near the bar area. He died of a heart attack in the hotel. There are also said to be other spirits around the building. Would you stay for a night?

3. St. Mary's Hospital

Photo by Daan Stevens on Unsplash

This was the first hospital built in Arizona in 1880 so we all know that it is bound to be haunted! It was originally supposed to serve as a tuberculosis clinic but switched to being a general hospital. There are reports of a particular nun that roams around the hospital keeping an eye on patients. And because many nuns worked here in the past, nobody is surprised. This can sound a bit unsettling, especially for those who have seen the movie, The Nun. However, there have been no reports of any evil activity in the hospital.

4. Bank of America

Photo by Erik Witsoe on Unsplash

I know this sounds a bit strange. Nobody would think that a bank would be haunted! But even though this sounds like a very random paranormal location, this bank on Stone Ave has significance! There are reports of people seeing the apparition of a young man with a beard who walks around the lobby, slams doors, stomp up stairs and is said to be followed by a very perfumed scent. So if you get lucky, you might be able to witness this for yourself!

5. Centennial Hall, University of Arizona

Photo by Manuel Nägeli on Unsplash

I told you a spooky location may be closer than you think! As students we walk past this building every day without having a second thought. Even though the building has not been around for too long, the land itself has some history. People report seeing a Spanish man who has said to have died in a dual around the year 1521. Another spirit known to haunt there is a Victorian-style women. She is known for distracting the actors during the plays and even pushing people!

There you have it, plenty of stuff to do before Halloween rolls around. You have the option of visiting a hospital, going to a bank, spending a night in a hotel or staying on campus after dark if you're really up to it. I know that ghosts tours are offered on occasion at school so if you're looking for something to do with a big group of friends, that would probably be the best option. But, if you're brave enough to stay in a room overnight by yourself, make sure to always look behind you. Happy hauntings!