A Little Something About Me, Delaney

A Little Something About Me, Delaney

An inside look at the girl behind the keyboard.
113
Hello everybody! This week, I wanted to take some time to write a little bit about myself before diving into other topics!

My name is Delaney Rose Moreno and I am from the little town of Corsicana, TX. I grew up in this little area for most of my life, and then I moved to Midlothian, Texas sophomore year of high school. I did fairly well when it came to adapting and made so many new friends along the way.

After graduating from Midlothian High School, I continued my educational journey at Texas Tech University where I am currently studying Electronic Media & Communications.

I have made so many friends in college and have already learned so many things about my career, what I am pursuing, and qualities about myself that I did not know I had! I cannot wait to see what my future holds these next three years of my college career.

The quote, "Family is everything," is a saying I live by. They've shaped me into the human I am today and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! I love to spend quality time with my loved ones any chance I get and love to explore new places!

I am well involved with my major as I am in TASEM (Tech Association of Students in Electronic Media), and a writer for the Odyssey of course. I love grilled chicken, the band Coldplay, and making silly Youtube videos.

Something unique about me is that in September of 2016, I was diagnosed with Pancolitis. This condition is a gastrointestinal issue that I have learned and am still learning how to treat, manage, and prevent. It is not always easy and it has definitely molded me into a stronger, passionate individual.

My lifestyle is all about being healthy, getting plenty of sleep, and learning how to keep my stress/anxiety under control. Through all of this, what is most important to me is staying happy along the way. Happiness is my secret ingredient to living a positive life and without it, I'd be nothing. I am proud of who I am and who I'm becoming that's for sure!

I am glad I have the opportunity to share my story with you and I hope it gave you a little inspiration in some way, shape or form!