6 Things We All Face When Winter Hits

6 Things We All Face When Winter Hits

So long, sunshine.

9
6 Things We All Face When Winter Hits
https://www.pexels.com/photo/christmas-cold-friends-frosty-269370/

Winter has arrived, whether we like it or not. Here are some things we all face when winter hits...

1. Saying Goodbye to T-shirts and Shorts

Your closet goes through that annual change of ignoring the t-shirts and shorts, taking them out of your closet for a while and welcoming the sweaters and pants. The more comfort the better. Anything fuzzy and warm is now accepted.

2. Driving in the Ice

This is a special talent that only a few regions of the United States actually know how to conquer. Anyone south of the Mason Dixon probably doesn't even get enough snow or ice to have to deal with this issue. But when it hits the Midwest, we all are forced to scrape ice off our cars and pray we make it back alive.

3. The Struggle to Stay Warm

You try to find many ways to stay warm such as being wrapped up in blankets, wearing fuzzy socks and sweatpants, drinking hot cocoa, or sitting by the fireplace. Whatever works for you.

4. Dressing in Layers

It doesn't even matter how you look, as long as you're warm. You break out the layers, the scarves, mittens, and fuzzy boots.

5. Gaining Weight

The cold weather gives you little motivation to go to the gym. Therefore, every meal is staying glued to you. Although maybe you want the extra weight to stay warm, it happens to us all.

6. The Horrid Weather

When you walk outside you get pelted by the snow, sleet, or whatever cold air is coming through that day. Your face becomes numb and red from the wind.

Stay warm, my friends!