Here's Why I Write For Odyssey

A Few Months In, Here's Why I Write For Odyssey And What Got Me Started Doing It

It's been a few months of me creating content, and I figured it was time to explain why!

21

So, everyone, it has been about 3 months since I started writing for Odyssey, and I feel like it would be fun to share why I started and how these past couple months have been!

I started writing for Odyssey on somewhat of a whim. A friend of mine was involved in UNC's branch of the organization and invited me to try it out. I have always loved writing but fell out of the habit in high school. When my life gets too hectic or I have too much on my plate, it is hard for me to rationalize sitting down and putting my thoughts on paper. Personal expression should never feel like a waste of time, but unfortunately for me, it did.

When I heard about Odyssey, I thought it would be a great platform to share my ideas with friends and family, and I was intrigued by the opportunity of potentially reaching a broader audience of my peers. I also knew that having a hard deadline every week would force me to carve out time in my week to write. This led me to make my writing, editing, and brainstorming processes a priority.

Once I got into the groove of publishing, I felt like I had hit my stride. I had established a writing schedule, made plans for future articles, and felt like I had my creative freedom back. Since those first few weeks, my stride has not diminished. I am so grateful to have an outlet to share my thoughts with an audience. I try to write articles I would want to read, and I am so proud of the content I have produced these past few months.

Not all articles are successes, but to me, they all represent my devotion to my creative process. Even though one article a week may seem like a drop in the bucket, for me, Odyssey has allowed me to express myself in the way that I have wanted to for a long time.

Thank you to all of you who read my content every week! I am so thankful to have a steady audience and cannot wait to see what kind of content the rest of this year will bring. I appreciate all the support so much! Until then, see you next week!