The One Beauty Rule Every College Girl Should Know

I Tried The ‘Two Out Of Three’ Beauty Rule And I’ve Never Felt More Confident

Getting ready to go out shouldn't be stressful or time-consuming if you don't want it to be.

9200

Unpopular opinion, I do not enjoy getting ready and doing my hair and makeup before going out.

To me, the process is tedious and can take a long time for no reason, really. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy putting my best foot forward and looking my best when going out, but sometimes the process of getting there seems like more than it's worth to me.

A while back, I heard someone say "Well, just remember the two out of three rule!" I remember being like, "What does that even mean?" The girl explained to me that the three parts of the rule include your makeup, hair, and outfit. As long as you have two out of the three, then one can be dismissed.

Ever since I learned this rule, it has made my life a lot easier.

Sometimes when going out, maybe you're not feeling like doing your hair, or you don't want to do a full face of makeup, or maybe you're not feeling your best in the outfit you were planning on wearing. Have no fear! The two out of three rule is here! For me, personally, I normally skip the hair and go for a cute low bun or ponytail in an attempt to save my locks from heat damage. You won't believe how much easier it has made my life.

Now obviously, the two out of three rule is a personal preference that I find super helpful. If you feel like going out and doing all three things every time, you do you girl! And the same goes for if you don't feel like doing any of the three. When going out, whatever makeup or hair you're doing or whatever outfit you decide to wear, it should always be about making you feel like your best self. Get ready for you, not for anyone else!

Along with making my life a lot easier, the two out of three rule has helped me to gain a lot of confidence in myself.

It helped me realize that it is completely okay to go out or to go places without being completely put together. In general, the two out of three rule helped me to see that getting ready and going out should be about having fun, feeling like your best self, and feeling comfortable with yourself.

I hope anyone like me who does not particularly enjoy the process of getting ready can learn something from this rule, too!