Getting My Second Piercing Was The Mini Adventure I Didn’t Know I Needed

They say you only live once!

24

A few months ago, I decided to get a second ear piercing. I was debating getting one for a while, but it felt more official when my roommate also wanted to get another ear piercing so we could go together.

I only ever had the regular lobe ear piercings, done at a Claire's when I was around nine years old. I hadn't ever thought about getting another until I was watching one of my favorite YouTubers who posted a video about getting a few small, almost delicate looking piercings and I thought about how cute they were! Why hadn't I thought of getting another?

So, I ended up researching the second ear piercings for about a month, just looking up different photos of people with multiple piercings and also watching some more YouTube videos to get people's reactions if they liked it or not.

Then I finally booked the appointment and it was official! I was getting another piercing.

When I got to the tattoo parlor, I was so excited! It was all I could think about the day leading to the appointment. I picked out a pair of earrings, and then the piercer took us all back to the piercing room.

Then five minutes later, my ears had new piercings!

Once I walked out of that room, I felt almost woozy from the adrenaline rush high I felt all day before and during the ear piercing process fade. It was almost a sense of relief and excitement clashing that I did what I said I would and got a new piercing, but it was sad the built-up excitement was finally over. Because for me, it was a fun adventure researching and planning out the day.

This week, I finally got to take out the starter earrings and change up the pair I had in for a few months, and it reminded me of the fun day I had that let me bring excitement and a change into my life, no matter how small it was.