5 Ways To Cheer Up

5 Ways To Get Yourself Off Rock Bottom

Think you've hit rock bottom?

53
5 Ways To Get Yourself Off Rock Bottom

Think you've hit rock bottom? Here is a rope and an axe–get to climbing.

1. Look at art

Anytime you're down in the dumps and you can't see the good in the world, look for art. There is no better way to see the expression of artists than to experience their art. All the beauty and the depth in art is more than enough to help you see the good in the world.

2. Listen to music

I know what it's like–getting so down and thinking that nobody will ever understand. Guess what will understand, though? Music. There will always be a song that you can relate to. Even if the song's meaning isn't exactly what you're going through, you can still relate. It will still help.

3. Watch movies

Watching a movie is always a great way to escape for about two hours. While watching a movie, all your worries just tend to melt away. Who knows, you may even stumble upon a movie that can help you see the brighter side of the day.

4. Read all the books

My favorite way to escape my crappy day, bad mood, or slump of depression is to read a book. Put a jar filled with pieces of paper of all the books you have by your bed, your nightstand, your desk, or anywhere. Anytime you're down in the dumps, draw a book from the jar. Read the book. Read the whole book. You'll be transported to a whole new world.

5. Write your feelings away

The best way to get any built-up anger out of your system is to write about it. I always have a journal with me, so anytime I feel low and like nothing can go right, I can write about it. I fill that journal with any negative thoughts that are filling my head.