Fun Things To Do In The Summer

7 fun things that can cure a case of summer boredom

When you're home all day, time seems to drag on.

261
https://www.pexels.com/photo/beach-blue-sky-cheerful-clouds-452738/

Ah, the summer. We look forward to it all year, but then we get stuck out home with nothing to do. Here are a list of a few things to do that can cure any case of boredom during the summer!

1. Watch a movie.

This one is pretty easy and relatively inexpensive. You don't even have to leave your house if you really don't want to. My recommendation? Get out of the house and go to a movie theatre, especially because there are so many awesome new movies out right now!

2. Go to the park.

Every town has one of these. It's always nice to get outside and channel your inner child. It's even better because going to a park costs absolutely nothing!

3. Go to the mall.

Go have some retail therapy, or just go to walk around. It's relatively inexpensive to do and it kills time!

4. Go to the beach or boardwalk.

This one may not be as easily done for some people because not everyone lives by the beach, but it's totally worth the drive, in my opinion. It's even more worth it if you go down early in the morning and spend an entire day there rather than just spending a few hours there before coming home. It's fun, it kills time, and you'll get a nice tan... or burn.

5. Read a book.

Whether it be escaping into the wizarding world of "Harry Potter", or falling in love with any Nicholas Sparks book, reading is a great way to pass some time. I wouldn't read all day, but if you have an hour or so to kill, that's the perfect amount of time to get into a nice book.

6. See a play.

No, I don't mean a Broadway play. You can go spend hundreds of dollars and see one, more power to you. I'm talking about a small town play.

There are so many town playhouses in NJ, and now since it's summer, some towns even offer outdoor plays as well. In Central Jersey (yes, it exists), we have a thing called Plays In The Park. It's at a park about 15 minutes from my house; it's very inexpensive and they have a great lineup of plays.

Plus, my cousins love going, so I get to treat them to a night out at a play! It's a win-win situation!

7. Make homemade ice cream.

This one is great if you have children, or if you don't. What you'll need is: two Ziploc bags (one pint size, one gallon size), crushed ice, one cup of half and half, 1/2 cup of kosher salt, two tablespoons of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Combine the half and half, sugar and vanilla extract in the pint size Ziploc, and secure it tightly so nothing leaks. Then, put the crushed ice in the gallon bag and sprinkle the kosher salt over top. Next, put the smaller bag inside the bag with the ice and seal it closed.

Lastly, shake the bag for five to ten minutes, and you'll have homemade ice cream. It's an arm workout and a treat all in one!

There you have it! Rather than sitting at home all day complaining about how bored you are, take a chance on one of these suggestions! I guarantee you won't be complaining anymore.

I'd love to hear what some of your absolute favorite summer activities are! Leave a comment down below and let me know! Happy summer!