Things For College Students To Remember At End Of Semester

5 Key Things For College Students To Remember Towards The End Of The Semester

With work piling up and finals to study for, we need to remember that there ARE other parts of life than studying 24/7

30

As the semester comes to an end, it becomes so easy to just isolate yourself all day doing work or studying. Sometimes we need a reminder to take care of the other important parts of our lives when school seems to overshadow them all.

1. Keeping in touch with family

It might be hard to take the time to make a phone call home, but if calling home has helped you de-stress in the past, now is a perfect time to take 5 minutes and talk to your family amidst all the end-of-semester-stress.

2. Spending time with friends

Yes, you can still make time for your friends! It would be awful to finish out your semester without seeing your friends, so plan some things you guys can do together. You could even study together to make your work more exciting or just grab a meal together, which brings me to...

3. Maintaining (mostly)healthy eating habits

For some people, they eat when they're stressed, for others, they FORGET to eat when they're stressed. No matter where your lie, it is KEY to keep your normal eating schedule as we approach winter break. Making smart choices during meals is an important part of getting the most out of your studying, but don't be afraid to reward yourself with a little bit of ice cream after a looooong day of studying.

4. Getting enough rest

They last few weeks of the semester may feel like winter, but its actually all-nighter season. While it may seem efficient to stay up into the late hours of the morning doing work or studying, this isn't really going to yield the best results. Your brain needs sufficient sleep in order to retain what it learned and staying up all night isn't allowing it to do that. It may seem tough, but you should still shoot for 7 hours a night at least. If you get the sleep you need, it will be better for you in the long run when you learn better, preform better, and FEEL better.

5. Doing things that relax you

Stress is in the air this time of the year. Time seems like a hot commodity. If you feel overwhelmed, sometimes you just need to take a break and relax your mind. This is different for everybody. I personally like to write music, but maybe you like to work out, play an instrument, meditate, do yoga, if you are practicing, go to your place of worship or even just pray! These things can help ease your mind and allow your to get your brain organized to do work efficiently.

As you grind during these final weeks, try to keep these things in mind, and it will be much easier to get through this otherwise awful time.