10 Ways You Try (And Fail) To De-Stress During Finals, As Told By SpongeBob

Empty your mind... But don't throw out your name this time.

396
Nickelodeon

It's almost finals week, and of course that means "hell week." You may have thought it wouldn't be as bad since you're not a freshman anymore, but it turns out you're dead wrong. You're stressed out, and in order to get anything done, you need to calm down, but how?

1. Try to be Productive Anyway

Although after maybe a few minutes, you find that was pointless.

2. Take An Internet Break

Although looking up your non-extreme political view on Tumblr was most definitely a bad idea.

3. Eat Chocolate

It tastes good, there have been studies done that it helps reduce stress... Wait that was dark chocolate... Oh, well.

4. Sleep

If you manage to sleep, that is. However, you won't feel like getting out of bed.

5. ASMR

All that weird whispering and tapping is supposed to relax your brain, after all. Either that, or it'll put you to sleep, and you'll still be stressed the next day.

6. Watch Something Mind Numbing

Cat videos? One of those remakes on Netflix? Well, the logic here probably is that if your brain slows down, then you'll be less stressed?

7. Watch Something Stimulating

You can think, but it's about something else interesting. Maybe as long as you're thinking, but not about class, you'll be fine.

8. Go Outside

Fresh air could probably help you de-stress. It finally feels like spring outside. Oh, wait... There's also pollen outside.

9. Scream into a Pillow

There's plenty of throw pillows around, might as well make daytime use of them. And it's a classic.

10. Hope for the Best

Nothing seems to be working, not even that additional internet break away from Tumblr. You just have to muddle through it.