How To Get Ready In Less Than 20 Minutes, As Told By Cat Gifs

and still look decent

324

As a college student, at the beginning of a semester, it's easier to wake up early and look great for class. But as the semester etches on, it gets more difficult to look like a live human being on a daily basis. Take it from me: I know this experience all too well. The past few weeks, I've learned how to get ready in 20 minutes or less AND make it to class on time.

It all starts the night before.

Lay out your clothes the night before. . .

. . . or just sleep in your clothes. Honestly, the other night, I knew I needed as much sleep as possible in order to function during my Spanish test the next morning. So, I slept in my clothes. It was just a t-shirt and shorts. All I had to do clothing-wise was just put on a bra.

But if you're actually very hygienic, just pick out your outfit the night before and hang it up. If it's wrinkly in the morning, hang it in your bathroom with the hot water in the shower on full blast. It'll steam your clothes while you finish getting ready. To be extra sure that you pick out the right outfit, check the weather, also.

Pack your bags the night before.

Whatever classes you have the night day, pack those textbooks, notebooks, and binders. If you have a test the next day, go ahead and buy your scantrons so you don't have to do it the morning of the test. If it's going to rain, pack your umbrella! Make sure you have everything you need for the next day in your backpack or whatever you carry.

Shower the night before...

... and wash and dry your hair, too. Or if you're like me, shower during the night and rely on dry shampoo for the rest of the week #lazygirlife

Set up your coffee.

This helps me a lot. Once my first of many alarms go off in the morning, I roll over and press the medium cup thingy on my Keurig and once I FINALLY get out of bed, my coffee is ready!

Minimalize your makeup.

Like most college girls, I love makeup, but I simply do not have time to do a full face in 20 minutes, along with everything else I have to do. I fill in my eyebrows the night before (yes, I'm one of those girls). When I wake up, I dab concealer where needed (usually all over my face), I put my full-coverage powder all over my face and then apply my mascara.

If I'm looking extra dead, I'll put a light eyeshadow color on my lids and a soft touch of blush on my cheeks.

Find a quick hairstyle that works.

This is one of the hardest things to do in the 20-minute margin but I've mastered "the hairstyle."

Step 1: brush.

Step 2: dampen with spray bottle.

Step 3: dry shampoo.

Step 4: hairspray.

But on those particularly bad, bad, BAD days: a ball cap it is.

Basically, my mornings go like this: wake up, turn the coffee on, go back to sleep, wake up, get dressed, brush my teeth, spray my hair, do my face, grab my bag, and run to class.

I might look crappier day-by-day but at least I get to class on time and more sleep.