Ladies, Here Are 13 Things You Should Do To Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone

If you want to do something, just do it.

65
personal photo

Here at Odyssey, we believe in you. Just pick one of these things and go get 'em, tiger.

1. Go to a movie by yourself.

As ladies, we tend to be very social people. Try going to a movie by yourself and see what happens. You may be very uncomfy, but it'll be worth it.

2. Go salsa dancing.

This is EXTREMELY important for those of you who live in the south. Experience another culture aside from "yee yee".

3. Join a gym and learn how to lift weights.

Nothing is more empowering than learning how to get stronger. It may be uncomfortable since most girls are cardio queens, but do it.

4. Do something that you're terrified to do.

Yeah, I know this sounds cliché, but what's the scariest thing that you can think of? Personally, I'm terrified of heights, so definitely the whole ziplining thing is not on my list of fun things to do.

5. Go to an exotic restaurant and let the waiter/ waitress surprise you.

Who doesn't like a little bit of adventure? And culture? Win win.

6. Fast.

Fasting is something that you can do to step out of your bodily comfort zone and become spiritually recharged.

7. Do the Whole30.

This one's kind of like the last one, but it's uncomfortable to NOT be allowed to drive to Gumby's and eat pizza rolls.

8. Ask a boy on a date.

Face rejection. I dare you. You'll be so uncomfortable doing it, but the worst they can say is "no" and move on with their lives.

9. Switch up your style.

You know that crop-top that you've always been to afraid to wear? Put that thing on, girl. Chances are you'll get mega support from all of your other ladies too.

10. Have a genuine conversation with a homeless person.

Let's start treating people like people.

11. Talk to a stranger on the bus.

Imagine what a friendly world it would be if we all talked to one another once in a while and unplugged.

12. Visit a new country.

Have you ever been to Canada? It's out of the United States and is full of adventures! To make your adventure even more exciting, go somewhere where you cannot speak the language.

13. Spend a day without trying to constantly please people.

Be yourself, not who everyone wants you to be. Spend a day to be authentically you.