Video: Unarmed Black Man Dies In Minneapolis Police Custody
Currently

Unarmed Black Man George Floyd Screaming 'I Can’t Breathe' Dies After Being Pinned By Minneapolis Police

This disturbing video bears a striking resemblance to the case of Eric Garner, who died after being put in a lethal chokehold by an officer in New York and who was also pleading "I can't breathe."

1648

A video that was originally uploaded to Facebook and has since been taken down has begun trending on Twitter. It shows George Floyd, a black man whose neck is being pinned to the ground by a police officer.

In the video, Floyd screams "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" even pleading with the officer to please take his knee off his neck. One of the officers who were controlling the crowd tells the camera "This is why you don't do drugs, kids."

It's an incredibly disturbing video that bears a striking resemblance to the case of Eric Garner, who died after being put in a lethal chokehold by an officer in New York and who was also pleading, "I can't breathe."

One big difference in this case is that this man was already handcuffed. The pinning down seems unnecessary but The New York Post reported that according to the Minneapolis Police department

"...they ordered him to get out of his car, which he did but then "physically resisted officers."
"Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress..."

Bystanders witnessing the incident state in the video that the man might be dead and at one point the man becomes unresponsive, not moving or saying anything.

Unfortunately, Floyd died after being brought to a hospital. The officers were given paid administrative leave and the FBI is going to investigate the incident for any possible civil rights violations.