5 Reasons Why Generation X Men Are The Best To Date

Respect to all my Generation X men, may you never forget that the world is a beautiful place and just plain “Dy-no-mite!”

729
Imgur

RockMy generation: Generation X. Those born between 1965 and 1980 have survived Reaganomics, Watergate, The War in Afghanistan (so far) and soaring college tuition prices. We were told we were lazy, ironic and dismissive, but in reality, we are passionate, empathetic and thoughtful, and when it comes to the men of my generation, I got nothing but love.

I guess I’m a purist and maybe a little old fashioned, but I don’t get into men who are much younger or much older than I. Perhaps it’s a comfort zone of sorts or an area I am drawn to because of my 80’s upbringing, but Generation X’ers have it going on. We get each other on so many levels: musically, morally, politically (most of the time) and culturally. So here is my homage to Generation X men, may you live long and prosper.

1. Most of the Generation X men are not into the whole beard thing. These beauties were brought up in a time where their father’s taught them to keep their mugs clean and smooth, so when they make out with someone they don’t rub their hairy chins all over their significant others’ faces and get them all bumpy and red. It’s just plain nice to shave your face, but don’t get me wrong, these men are not afraid to get their hands dirty. They rode dirt bikes and skateboards in the 70’s and stage dove in the 80’s. Be still my beating heart.

2. Their love of 80’s music. Let’s face it, the 80’s rocked, whether your special someone was into Punk Rock, Post-Punk, Freestyle, or Rock and Roll, Generation X men know what’s up and they know their music and could rock anything from Chuck Taylors to Doc Martens. Hot.

3. They get the feminism word and know it is not a bad word and most are down to fight for the rights of all, but still know how to treat a lady. They understand the female plight and will march arm in arm, cheering you on from the sidelines, but still hold the car door open for you on a date. Meow.

4. They know the difference between Starsky and Hutch, better yet; they know the show inside and out. They also know that Janet Jackson was a regular on Good Times, the television show. You know, “Dy-no-mite!” They can openly discuss Speed Racer and Ultraman as if they are discussing Dostoyevsky and still open a bottle cap with their teeth. They remember when the Flyers won the Stanley Cup and recently cheered in the streets for their beloved Eagles. Purr. Purr. Purr.

5. Finally, Generation X men are not afraid to be vulnerable. They struggled with their toughness in the 80’s but learned through their experiences that the world is a difficult place, but when you find those you trust, the world becomes that much bigger and can be a place filled with love and laughter, but often tears, which they share with their counterparts openly and with soul. Sniff. Sniff.

The media still attempts to discount Generation X as the “lost generation”. I say we are the generation who will save the human race because of our guts and grit.