17 Phrases That Gen Z Kids MUST Stop Saying

17 Phrases That Gen Z Kids MUST Stop Saying, It's Getting Ridiculous

If you need a translator, try Urban Dictionary.

546

Let's be real, there are so many new words and phrases that my generation says that make absolutely no sense to adults. I am not sure who comes up with some of them or how they become trendy, but there have been some really interesting terms in the past couple of years. Honestly, it is hard for me to keep up with the meanings of all of them. I am not sure I even use them correctly. Will the world start speaking in Gen Z? The future will only tell us.

1. "Lets get this bread"

Lets get this bread

Honestly this one just makes me hungry.

2. "Weird flex but ok"

Weird flex but ok

I think the reason I don't like this one is because "flex" reminds me of working out and working out is hard.

3. "It's lit"

It's lit

"Yeah man, this party is soooooo lit!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Just stop. Like please, stop.

4. "Gucci"

Gucci

We probably just say it because we wish we could afford it.

5. "Yeet"

Yeet

At a certain point autocorrect is going to correct "yet" to "yeet."

6. "That ain't it"

That ain't it

Who is chief though???

7. "Finna"

Dab

"Finna" followed by "imma" makes me cringe the most.

8. "Low key"

Low key

"Yeah, low key it may be high key" - Only by Nicki Minaj

9. "It be like that"

It be like that

It really do be like that though!

10. "Eskit"

Eskit

I don't even get what this one means but that doesn't stop me from saying it!

11. "Bet"

Bet on it

Don't you mean bet on it? #HSM2

12. "No balls"

No balls

Maybe we should stop talking like pre-teen boys?

13. "That's rad"

Rad

I feel like Brandy Melville would slap this on a plain white t-shirt and call it a day.

14. "Salty"

Salty

What about pepper...?

15. "Goals"

Goals

"Omfg you guys are such goals."

16. "Spill the tea"

Spill the tea

Tbh that would really hurt if someone took this literally...

17. "Pics or it didn't happen"

Pics

"Guys! Let's take hella pics tn."

Cringing yet? I will admit I am guilty in saying a lot of these terms. For those of you who get annoyed with any of these terms, I agree and think they are getting repetitive. Honestly, it may be crushing our vocabulary. For real, imagine walking into your first job and saying to your boss "Let's get this bread!" Enough said, let's go back to talking real English.