Gen Z Can Change The World, Just Look At The Enactus Campus Expo

Gen Z Can And Will Change The World, Just Look At The Enactus Campus Expo

Making a difference is easier than you think, and it starts right on your college campus.

11

Most of you reading this are likely in Generation Z. We get mocked for being addicted to technology, being lazy and for just being young in general.

I think that's entirely false, and so do thousands of students across the world.

I'm a member of my school's Enactus chapter, one of the thousands around the world. Enactus is an international organization composed of students using their skills for social entrepreneurship, bringing their classroom schools to real-world problems and creating real solutions.

Earlier this month, Enactus teams from the United States met in Kansas City for the National Exposition to present what they've been working on this school year.

While my small team focuses largely on issues in our local community due to our minimal resources, many schools around the country are bringing change to those in need worldwide. The top four teams were working in countries like Kenya and the Philippines to help entrepreneurs there get businesses up and running and make life better for them and their communities.

I was blown away by the work students my age are doing. It made me think about how bad of a reputation Gen Z gets and how people don't realize just how much work we are doing to improve our world.

Enactus is committed to furthering the United Nations' Global Goals initiative, which works to eliminate what the UN lists as the number one problem in the world: poverty. Enactus teams do this through community and worldwide projects that help to give others the opportunities they need to succeed.

Oh, and did I mention we work these projects on less than a shoestring budget? College kids are basically professionals at working with little funds.

The National Expo really opens eyes to how much young people are capable of. We are ending poverty, reducing pollution, bringing education to children, and basically saving the world - with or without an Enactus team behind us.

If there's an Enactus team on your campus, I urge you to check it out! If there's not, check out their website for resources to get one started on your campus!

I know that Gen Z will change the world - because we're already saving it. Everyone should stop sleeping on us, we have a lot to say if you would all just listen.