My Gemini-Cancer Cusp Might Explain Why I'm So Magical

Why be just one when you can be both?

183
Thought Catalog

I don't know if this is obvious to anyone, but I am a huge astrology fan.

I see birth charts as instruction manuals-they help us understand what makes people tick.

One of the first things I want to know about new people is their zodiac sign. My favorite signs (other than my own) are Libra and Leo!

My sign is a little more complicated. I was born on June 21st, which is the first day of Cancer. However, I'm not a full Cancer.

Given my date of birth, I'm part of the Gemini-Cancer cusp, which is known as the "cusp of magic".

I very much have traits of both signs.

I'm extremely extroverted and talkative like a Gemini, but sometimes I prefer to be quiet and calm like a Cancer.

I'm childlike like a Gemini. I have the energy of an 8-year old after a round of Pixie sticks, but other times I'm mothering and nurturing like a Cancer.

Most Cancers are home-bodies, but I can't stand being in the house for too long. I'll go stir-crazy. I need to be out and about all the time like a Gemini.

I'm blunt and straightforward like a Gemini, but I'm also sensitive like a Cancer and can sometimes be a sugar-coater.

People on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer tend to have a dual nature that can seem conflicting sometimes as these signs are extremely different.

Gemini is ruled by Mercury, while Cancer is ruled by the Moon. Cancers are known to be the most emotional of the Zodiac, which never made sense for me as I am not a very emotional person (even though I'm very sensitive. Yes, there is a difference).

This could be due to my Gemini nature-logical and intelligent-balancing out my Cancer nature.

The Gemini-Cancer cusp is the perfect example of the ambivert-one who is both an extrovert and an introvert. We are able to blend in with our surroundings no matter where we are.

On my Gemini side, I want to socialize with everyone and mix in with the group, but my Cancer side wants to feel the vibes of my surroundings to determine which side of me will make an appearance.

Both signs are extremely creative, but my Gemini side tends to be fickle and not follow through. However, my Cancer side is extremely loyal to anything/anyone it loves.

Therefore, I harness my Gemini ideas and use my Cancer side to bring these ideas to life.

This has helped me especially with my writing as my Gemini side comes up with a million ideas a second and my Cancer side dedicates the time and effort to make it happen.

These cusp babies make the perfect lover. We are energetic and spontaneous while also being loyal and nurturing. We wear our hearts on our sleeves and are not afraid to go above and beyond to show you how much we love you.

We will take you on numerous adventures and make fantastic memories with you. We will reassure you through our words and actions how important you are to us.

If you're lucky enough to have a Gemini-Cancer cusp baby in your life, cherish every second of it. We are a rare grouping that come around once in a lifetime!