Game Of Thrones: How The Finale Will Impact Season 7

Shocking twists and predictions of season 6's finale.

21
Google Images

As anyone who has followed the popular tv series, Game of Thrones, would know, Sunday’s season finale shocked a lot of people and brought new information to light. There were some shocking scenes that are going to be crucial to the next season. However, many scenes brought questions to all the viewers as well. Here is my take on the last episode of David Benioff’s and D. B. Weiss’s amazing series and my predictions for the action-packed season to come.

In my opinion, the most shocking scene of the entire episode was when the King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm, Tommen Baratheon took his own life. It all starts in a previous episode this season, when Margaery Tyrell, the Queen, gives her grandmother and head of her house a rose to symbolize her faith to her house, not the the Seven. With this symbol, I thought that Margaery was in on the plan to destroy the Septum with the Queen Mother, Cersie Lannister. However, Cersie, who is clearly behind the destruction of the Septum and the murder of the Queen, had no intention of saving her daughter-in-law. When Tommen is late the Septum, stopped by the Mountain from leaving his chambers, he witnesses the Septum, where his wife was, blow up. I assumed that Tommen would accuse his mother of the murder of so many innocent lives.

However, with hasty speed, Tommen steps onto the window and falls forward to his own death. My bet is that he was so tired of the tyranny that his mother caused that he did not want to live with her and without his wife for the rest of his reign. The day of his death, Cersie takes the Throne as Queen of the Andals. Her quick ascent to power shows how little she cared for her the death of her last child. However, without Tommen as ruler of the Andals, it is easier to hate the Lannister family and ultimately cheer for the other competitors in the Game. I believe that Jamie Lannister, brother and lover to the new queen, begins to question Cersie. He seems to realize that she is turning into the Mad Queen, just like the Mad Targaryen King years before her. I think that he will abandon his loyalty to his sister and go help Lady Brienne of Tarth, whom he no doubly loves, fight for a worthy ruler. Cersie need for power has caused her to loose all of her family.

Finally, after six years of cheering for the hardcore Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, and the Mother of Dragon, Daenerys Targaryen is finally making the trip across the narrow sea with her armies to take back the Seven Kingdoms and the Andals that is her birthright. However, she leaves her lover in Meereen before her quest, as she plans to marry once she makes it to Westeros. There is much speculation as to whom she will make an alliance with, though I personally believe it will be Jon Snow. He is the most respectable, powerful candidate that she could choose. Also, he is of her own, noble bloodline, which may seem weird to many, but after Jamie’s and Cersie’s love affair, nothing is too crazy for this show. Dany will undoubtedly land in Dorne, finding a very revengeful alliance in the Sand Snakes and Lady Oberyn, who would like to see Kings Landing burn. With the help from Dorne, the Iron Islands, and her dragons, I believe that Dany will have great success in the South.

Overall, the upcoming season, although rumored to be shorter than the normal 10 episode season, will be action packed. Viewers can expect some drama when Jon Snow eventually learns of his heritage. Aria Stark will likely fulfill her hit list of people she hates and then return to Winterfell. Jamie will grow distance from the evil Cersie who wants nothing but power. Daenerys will likely have great success in taking back the south of Westeros. And after all, since winter is finally here, we can all expect the battle between the people of Westerns and the White Walkers and their Army of the Undead. Now, who will fight the White Walkers along with Jon Snow is still a question that will ultimately decide the fate of the people of the Seven Kingdoms.