12 Galentines Ideas To Spread Even More Love This Month

Since February is a month full of happiness and love that culminates in Valentine's day, why not plan an awesome Galentine's day to spread love like a Paddington bear.

63

Galentine's Day is on February 13th and you might remember it most famously from the episodes from Parks & Rec. where Leslie and friends go out and celebrate themselves over waffles. Which if you haven't already, is a tradition you should think about adopting with your group of friends. You can keep it traditional and exchange gifts around Diner breakfast platters like Leslie Knope or try something completely different. That's why I made up a list of 12 Galentine's day ideas for you and your friends to enjoy the Non-official holiday. I've even split them up into three categories so you can choose which mood fits your squad best.

3 Ideas For A Galentine's Day In

1. Have a Galentine's Family Dinner

Galentine's day can be a perfect day to make up for those triggering family dinners you've had over the holidays. It's a chance for you to get together with your favorite people and talk about how it's the world's fault you're still not married. Sometimes we just need a little bit of positive reinfo-fo.

2. Work On A Group DIY Project

DIY projects can be a great way to spend time together on Galentine's day. It doesn't have to be a full-blown woodworking project. It can be as simple as matching bracelets or building window boxes to show off houseplants. Find something you can do in an afternoon and create something you can keep and showcase.

3. Binge Watch The OG

Why not pay homage to the original gals by going down the rabbit hole with your friends and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. I literally can't get tired of seeing her survey that little girl. Genuinely having a lot of fun. Bonus points if you decide to make pancakes from scratch and practice your pancake art. This is my "homemade" pancake mix. This is my pancake art.

4 Ideas For A Galentine's Day Out

1. Make Brunch Happen

There's really never a wrong time to brunch. Honestly, even funeral receptions. They're just sad brunch until the bloody marys arrive.

2. Treat Yourself Shopping Trip

I have no shame in telling you to go shopping the day before Valentine's day. Maybe go to the jewelry store and get matching pendants? Or you know don't match because it's not the 90's. Celebrate the day by getting yourself something you won't have to pretend to like.

3. Take A Dance Class

No, I don't expect you guys to attend a Zumba class for Salsa yes. Chances are there is a Masterclass happening somewhere near you. It doesn't have to be partner dancing either. There's contemporary, hip hop and folklore dance. All of which will get you moving and guaranteed to have all you looking like a fool.

4. Paint & Sip

If you've never taken a paint & sip class, let valentine be the day you give it a try. It's so much fun and a great way to wash away anxiety with a little help of rose and a forgiving paintbrush. It doesn't matter how great you paint, just dive in and create your unique masterpiece.

5 Ideas For A Self Care Galentine's Day

1. Disco Yoga class

Or goat ySo a few years ago I started attending these deep house yoga classes and I was hooked. Similarly, there is hip hop yoga, silent disco and Lifted yoga for those who are into that. If you look into it, you can find a yoga class that's based on a theme you guys like. There's also goat yoga, obviously.

2. Meal Prep Together

The point of Galentine's day is really having fun and enjoying each other's time and company. Not that you need any more reasons to spend time with your friends, but doing a group meal prep is probably something you haven't thought of. Make it a whole project out of it, select dishes you all like. Make them easy and simple to prepare. Shop and cook together, build a habit while learning from each other's tips and tricks.

3. Commit to A Common Goal

Self-care doesn't have to be a solo mission. It's called self-care because sometimes as people we can forget to work on ourselves or enough start to neglect ourselves with life gets a little hectic. Practicing together by sharing a common goal not only strengthens your bond but can make adopting positive habits easier and less challenging.

4. Cheers To Gratitude

What if you and your friends got together and put a spin on never have I ever? You call it "For This, I'm Always Grateful" and break out the Prosecco. This goal is to toast and take a sip each time someone shares something they are grateful for that you have in common. Grateful for your childhood pet? Sip. Grateful for getting through January? Sip. Grateful for Idris Elba? You got it.

5. Get Out In Nature

Whether it's heading out to the beach or visiting a nature trail nearby, taking some time out with friends in different scenery is refreshing. It's easier to relax and let go of everyday mundane thoughts. It's a great opportunity to unplug and be present without having to pretend you enjoy awkward silence.