5 Simple Galentine's Day Ideas To Try With Your Best Friends This February

Who needs misters when you got your sisters?

29
Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash

Even though we thought 2021 was going to magically get rid of COVID-19, here we are still stuck at home. Since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I thought I would put together a list of ideas that you and your girlfriends can do while staying at home on this holiday. These activities are suitable for your partner or your best friends, and I tried to make them a little more original than binging rom-coms and stuffing your face with chocolate. So without further ado, here are 5 COVID-19 friendly activities for your Galentine's Day!

1. Make a charcuterie board.

Unsplash

What is more appropriate for Valentine's Day than a fancy Lunchable?

Get creative with different types of cheese, meats, crackers, and fruit to make a Pinterest worthy board! If you're of age, a glass of wine pairs perfectly with the different flavors. I personally love getting all of the food from Trader Joe's and investing in some of their fig butter!

To start a charcuterie board, get a board from Target or use a cutting board on hand. Put your cheese on first, followed by your meats and crackers, and then fill in the gaps with dried fruit, olives, chocolate, or anything you seem feasible! Lastly, you can garnish with edible flowers, rosemary, or coconut flakes!

Once you've posted it on your Instagram, dig in! Don't be afraid to try different combinations!

2. Try painting with a twist.

Unsplash

Unleash your inner Picasso by gathering all of your paint, brushes, and paper.

Paint portraits of one another, your favorite flower, follow a Bob Ross tutorial, or even paint your hands and stick them on the paper together to make a gift!

Painting is always a fun idea to do with your gal pals, but even more so on Valentine's Day. For an extra challenge, make your paintings on theme with the holiday and only use red, white, and pink paints!

3. Make a nacho table.

Unsplash

If you love nachos, this one's for you.

Cover a table with aluminum foil. Spread some chips across the entire table followed by ground beef, nacho cheese, lettuce, tomato and whatever you want on your nachos. Throw some salsa and guac in the middle for people to dip and BOOM!

I've always wanted to try this so if you end up doing it, please send me a pic!

4. Make a fort

Pretty Providence/Youtube

Throw it back to the old days and create a pillow fort.

Gather all your blankets and pillows and use chairs to create a fortress just like when we were children. Decorate with string lights to make it aesthetically pleasing and give your fort a name! Play games in your fort or do shadow puppets to release your inner child.

5. Create funny presentations!

Abby Grace/Youtube

This is a current trend off Tik Tok that I find hilarious!

Gather your group of friends and let each one decide on a funny topic to present to your friends. It can be advice to your friends, what not to do, the best or worst of or any other topic you want! The point of this is to be creative and to convince your friends to be on your side by the end of your PowerPoint.

Some ideas are:

- Rating my Exes from best to worst

- Why I will never download Tinder

- Rating guys sliding into my Dms

- Why I should become a stripper

- How to ghost a guy

- Why Kayne should be President

And many more! Get creative and incorporate pictures. The more dedication, the better!

There you have it--5 simple yet fun ideas to do for your Galentine's Day while still remaining COVID-19 friendly. I hope you have a lot of fun trying out these ideas! Valentine's Day is not just about romantic love, but it also appreciates the love we have for our friends too!