Galaxy's Edge At Disney World Is The Ultimate 'Star Wars' Experience

If you've ever dreamed of stepping into the world of "Star Wars," this is the experience for you.

14
Galaxy's Edge Disney

The "Star Wars" universe is as vast and open as the galaxy itself. "Star Wars" has been taking the world by storm since 1977, engaging generations of people who continue to pass on the passion for the universe to their children and friends. My family is one of those families. I've loved "Star Wars" for as long as I can remember, all thanks to my dad who took me to see "Revenge of The Sith" in theaters when it first came out (Fun fact: that's my favorite "Star Wars" movie, my comfort movie).

So, naturally, with my family having annual passes to Disney World and Galaxy's Edge being completely open now, as well as the Disney parks being safe with COVID guidelines, we went to see Batuu in all of its "Star Wars" glory.

When you walk into Galaxy's Edge, you're immediately immersed in the world of "Star Wars," with droids and life-sized X-wing fighters everywhere - and it gets even better with a life-sized Millennium Falcon.

Yes, I cried multiple times from seeing the "Star Wars" universe brought to life, in all its glory, right there in front of my very eyes... and then it got even better.

One of the attractions, called Smugglers Run, always you to board the Millennium Falcon and fly that bad boy. I cried the second I stepped onto the ship and was waiting to go into the cockpit (and then I cried even more when I got into the cockpit).

The other attraction, Rise of The Resistance, is so outstanding and breathtaking that I don't want to spoil it, but I was so amazed at the immersive ability of it all.

The best experience hands down in Galaxy's Edge is getting to build your own custom lightsaber, though.

You pick everything for your own saber, from the style of metals to the kyber crystal that goes inside of it to make the blade have a color. The experience of building a saber and having it built custom to your liking is something of childhood dreams for a "Star Wars" fan.

You're talked through what you are doing as you customize it, the history behind the colors of the crystals and the power they are connected to, and what a lightsaber represents in the Jedi world.

When I made my saber, I chose the materials for the hilt, or handle, to be made from Sith origins, but my crystal was purple. The purple crystal has only been wielded by Mace Windu and is the combination of blue, the typical color for a Jedi saber, and red, which represents the Sith. When I finished putting my hilt together and was waiting for it to be finished, the workshop leader who talked us through everything was curious about my saber. He even noted that I could be the balance between the Jedi and the Sith. I don't want to spoil the experience too much, but it was enough to make you feel like a little kid who finally was getting to live out their dreams of building a lightsaber and living in the "Star Wars" universe.

In the end of it all, without spoiling anything, if you're given the opportunity to go to Galaxy's Edge and you're a major "Star Wars" fan, I 100% recommend it. It's incredibly immersive and will make you relive all of your childhood dreams of being a Jedi.

Oh and one last thing.....

May the Force be with you.