Gaga and Grande’s Collab 'Rain On Me' Is Exactly What The World Needs Right Now

The last decade has been some of the best years for pop music, there is no doubt about that. While I'm personally more of an oldies fan (mainly 70s and 80s), there are artists that will stand the test of time just like Stevie Nicks or Elton John have. Their music has made an impact on our culture and continues to inspire and heal others today. Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande are two female artists that have made a huge impact on pop culture, both in their individual careers and now together, on their first collab "Rain On Me" which hit streaming platforms on May 22nd. The song is part of Gaga's sixth studio album "Chromatica" which is set to release on May 29th.

The two artists have both struggled with their mental health and share the same feelings of heartbreak and grief, making this pair all that more genuine. According to Elle, the single is "an empowering pop song about persevering through hardship, healing, and finding beauty in the pain, heartbreak, and life." Gaga and Grande shared tears over this song. With this pandemic anxiety looming over our heads, everyone needs an anthem of hope and perseverance.

The upbeat song embodies both artists and their styles perfectly, celebrating a union of female empowerment. The song itself, accompanied by the music video that was released the same day, opens up with a shower of daggers raining down on Gaga, who has undeniably been through something traumatic. She gets up and pulls a dagger out of her thigh, signifying a change in the song's direction. A new Gaga emerges from this scene and she's stronger than ever, dancing through the pain that once held her down. The courage to get up and start the journey of healing is not easy, but things eventually get better. This collab is a tribute to those struggling and finding the courage to persevere. Grande swoops in and joins Gaga and the other dancers, rejoicing in the light at the end of the tunnel. I love a good music video, especially when it's obvious that the artist had a blast filming it. Also, they were serving some major looks and I'm so here for it!

"I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive" is my favorite line of the song because it resonates with how I've been feeling lately dealing with my anxiety. Seeing Gaga and Grande support each other as women especially made this song pop for me because their chemistry felt genuine. With how healing "Rain On Me" has been, I can't wait to hear the rest of "Chromatica" when it drops May 29th. The world needs more things to look forward to, and the world needs more Gaga and Grande!