Christian Women Desire A God-Loving Man

Christian Women Desire A God-Loving Man

I desire to marry a man that treasures his relationship with God more than his relationship with me.
807

"A good marriage must have its foundation in Jesus Christ in order to experience lasting love, peace, and joy."

Nowadays, society considers "#RelationshipGoals" to be working out together, matching outfits, cute good morning texts every day and date nights every weekend. Now don't get me wrong, all of these are great things but it isn't what I want as a goal for my relationship.

The core of a great relationship is always God. I desire a man that ALWAYS puts his relationship with God above his relationship with me. I desire a man that leads me and pushes me towards God through the good times and the bad. I desire a man that will hold me accountable when I'm failing to show God's love. A man that follows God first will treat his wife with respect and love. If a man keeps his eyes on God during the marriage, the marriage will be strong and trusting. But a marriage that falls from God will crumble and fall. When a man treasures his relationship with God more than me, God will work in his life to treat me the way I should be treated. A man that treasures his relationship with God more than me will never praise or worship me, he will turn his praise and worship to God. Society thinks a man should worship the ground his woman walks on; I want a man that puts me second no matter what. However, he won't neglect or disrespect me, but we will have to make some sacrifices when it comes to following God and doing what He asks of us. When a marriage is centered around God the home will be an outpouring of love, hope, faith, and a devotion to Christ. In Ephesians 5:23 it is said, "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the savior." The husband must lead his wife and his home in the way of the Lord. A man that loves God will pursue me in the most Christ-like way. He will respect me and what I have to offer the world and he will hold me accountable to those callings. These men are hard to find but wait for them.

Ladies, wait for the man that puts God before you. Wait for the man that ALWAYS puts you second. Wait for a man that keeps you accountable for your relationship with God, a man that pushes you to show Gods love in all that you do. Don't give in to a not-so-great relationship just because you're tired of being single, wait for the relationship that will come in God's timing. Don't give in to a man that worships the ground you walk on, wait for the man that wants to walk where Jesus walked. Don't give in to a man that pulls your chair out in a restaurant, wait for the man that prays with you over your meal in a crowded restaurant. You'll thank me later.