Funny Nicknames I Give My Cat

10 Nicknames I've Given My Cats Because If You Call Them Their Real Name, You're Doing It Wrong

Some have been created for convenience, others because they hold a note of truth.

12
Alyssa Anderson-Larson

My cat has a name. Why wouldn't she have one? I didn't pick it out, but it suits her and I really like it. That being said, I never call her by her actual name. I have an assortment of nicknames that I've given her instead. Some have been created for convenience, others because they hold a note of truth.

All of them are fun and adorable!

1. Sebbe. 

A lot of people who know my cat think this is her full name, but it's actually a very clever nickname. Just like how some people named Jason go by Jay, or how some people named Christopher go by Chris. My cat Sebastian goes by the name Sebbe. Not only is it more gender neutral, but it's also objectively cuter.

2. Seb. 

Sometimes things are better when they're only one syllable. It's nice to have a quick way to refer to my cat.

3. Soob. 

What's better than one syllable? One syllable that's funny to spell and to say.

4. Sebboop. 

Another funny-sounding one that I use almost exclusively while booping her snoot.

5. Sebster. 

This one makes it feel like my cat is the comic relief in a '90s movie (which is hilarious mostly because she's too much of a bloodied hunter to ever fulfill such a role.)

6. Boo. 

Some people have significant others that they can call Boo. I'm single, and I have a cat. That's all I'm gonna say.

7. Boo Boo. 

A cuter version of the above nickname, and also her legal middle name. It's somewhat of a reference to the fact that she's the embodiment of Halloween, and somewhat a reference to a stuffed animal I own named Boo Boo Kitty. I mostly like it because it's a sweet name my grandpa can call her.

8. Kitty. 

I feel like it's important for Sebbe to know her heritage, so I like to remind her of her species every now and again. I worry it might be derogatory, but she seems to respond well to it so I think it's okay.

9. Honey. 

I call her this because she can be sweet, but more than anything she makes a big mess and heavily inconveniences me all the time.

10. Dumbass. 

Because she is. She's an absolute, idiot, and a dummy of a cat with no sense of anything. I've never met a creature more stupid than she is. I love her, though, and she's my favorite.