Fun Things to do in a Small Town

5 Things To Do For Fun If You Live In A Small Town

Small towns don't have to be boring.

333
Living In A Small Town

If you're like me, you love being from a small town. However, if you are someone who is dreading going back home for the summer, this list can definitely help you out. Being from a small town myself, I totally understand that they can be boring at times. Since I am from a small town, I have had to learn how to get creative when it comes to finding things to do for fun. If you follow this list, you are guaranteed to have a memorable summer!

Take a road trip with friends

road trip with friends

When there is nothing to do in your own town, the best thing to do is drive to another one. Over summer, there are so many music festivals that would be so fun to experience with friends. When you take a road trip with your friends, you create such a strong bond with them. What could be better than traveling and getting closer with the people you are already closest to? Although a road trip might only last a couple of days, the laughs and memories you experience are guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Paint a canvas

canvas

This one is so easy because all it takes is a canvas and some paint! This activity especially works for a rainy day. Grab a group of friends and paint cute canvases to decorate your room, apartment, or dorm. Even if you have no artistic ability (like me), it's still fun to see what the finished product is. Painting is also a great way to relieve stress. Turn on some chill music and see what kind of creative paintings you can come up with!

Do a scavenger hunt around your town

map

A small town is a perfect place for a scavenger hunt! It's so convenient because chances are you probably know how to get around your town and are familiar with where everything is. Scavenger hunts are also great for when you're bored because they take up a lot of time. You can put one of your friends in charge of getting all the objects that your group has to find. Another person could be in charge of making up the clues, and someone else can be in charge of creating a map. Scavenger hunts are so fun and it's always great to have a little friendly competition!

Swim (duh!)

pool party

This might seem obvious, but a pool party is a perfect way to have fun over summer. Make a whole day out of it by bringing out some corn hole boards, a volleyball net, and some barbecue! I know I definitely would not be bored at a pool party like this. What's better than having fun with friends, tanning, winning a corn hole/volleyball tournament, and eating some great food? Nothing!

Movie night

popcorn

If your town is so small that you don't have a movie theatre, this is perfect for you. Not only is it free, but you can watch as many movies as you want! You get unlimited free popcorn and other snacks all in the comfort of your own home. I honestly cannot think of anything better. Invite your friends and watch the scariest, funniest, or most romantic movies you can find! This is a guaranteed good time.