Fun Things To Do At LSU, With Friends Or By Yourself

7 Interesting Places To Explore On LSU's Campus

Bored on campus? Go explore! Here are a few cool things you can do on campus that definitely beat sitting in a dorm room.

985

Every campus is packed with fun and unique things for its students to do. Some are typical tourist attractions, whereas others you'll only know about by asking the insiders (AKA, the students). There's nothing better than exploring campus with friends, and LSU has so many hidden treasures, you'll never get bored!

Visit Mike's cage

LSU is extremely proud of our little tiger. If you visit Mike's cage at any time of day you'll find students, families, and even professors watching Mike go about his day. He's such a playful dude and is most active at sunrise and sunset. Try visiting him before you start your day, in between classes or at the end of your day and you might just catch a selfie with this cute tiger! (Except for Thursdays! They're reserved for maintenance and yard work!)

The Dairy Store

There's literally NOTHING better than LSU's Dairy Store ice cream. Nothing. From Mint Chocolate Chip to Black Cherry, they have so many amazing flavors to try! Tiger Bite is their famous flavor, a vanilla ice cream with blueberries, yummmmmmm!

The U Rec

LSU recently renovated their entire University Recreation Center, including the addition of two outdoor pools. Entrance into the U Rec is free with your student ID and there are so many options. The LSU U Rec offers a variety of classes such as sunrise yoga, cycling, barre, HIIT circuits and even paddleboard yoga. You can run the new track, lounge by the outdoor pool or float in the river! The U Rec also has indoor basketball and soccer courts, outdoor tennis and beach volleyball courts, and a high ropes course. You can rent a kayak or paddle board and head to the campus lakes for the day! You've got your entire college career to explore this place, try everything!

On-Campus Museums

LSU has a few museums, each one bringing its own unique aspect to our campus. These museums include the Museum of Natural Science in Foster Hall, the Art Gallery in the Union, the Fashion Exhibit in the Human Ecology building, and the Jack and Priscilla Andonie Museum in the Lod Cook Alumni Center. What's each museum about? I guess you'll have to go find out!

The "secret" Subway

After your tour of the Museum of Natural Science, go around the corner and down the stairs of Foster Hall to find this delicious hidden gem!

Free Speech Alley

Take a walk through Free Speech Alley and see who you find! Located right in front of the Union steps, Free Speech Alley has become the hot spot on campus for campus organizations to advertise and get to know students. Make sure to stop by the LSU Farmers Market every Thursday during the harvest season and grab some fresh goods or just grab a sample on your way to class (they accept PawPoints and TigerCash)!

The LSU Lakes

LSU is surrounded by three beautiful lakes, University Lake, Campus Lake, and College Lake. Take a jog, run, bike, or walk around any of these lakes for an awesome workout and an even better view of our campus. You can also take it one step further and rent a kayak or paddleboard from the U Rec and explore the lakes that way for the day (don't worry, they'll give you a quick lesson if you've never kayaked or paddle boarded before). You can also relax on the LSU "beach" while you're at the lakes!