7 Fall Activities to Get You in the Spirit

Fun activities to do with your partner or best friend!

15
Lindsay Messina

Fall is one of the most beloved seasons, and it is most likely due to the fun activities that come with it. Fall is usually identified with cozy weather,

1. Carving/painting pumpkins

If you're not into the mess that comes with pumpkin guts and seeds, painting them is a great alternative!

2. Apple picking

Many local farms offer this fun activity. Picking fresh food is a great way to get in the spirit and support local businesses. Plus the photo ops are great.

3. Haunted houses

If you love being scared, and can't wait for Halloween, going through a haunted house is perfect. A lot of farms also offer haunted hayrides! Philadelphia has the Eastern State Penitentiary, which is an amazing haunted attraction each fall.

4. Making pies

Apple, pecan, and pumpkin pies are fall staples. Making pies can sometimes be a daunting task for beginners, but baking is all about fun!

5. Going halloween costume shopping

Planning halloween costumes can be so much fun if you decide to coordinate outfits with your friends or significant other. If Halloween is still too far for you to think about, shopping for fall outfits is another viable option.

6. Scary movie night

Hosting a scary movie night with your friends and family is a great way to get into the spooky spirit. There are hundreds of Halloween movies to marathon.

7. Hosting a Bonfire 

Have a bonfire outside and roast marshmallows and hot dogs with your friends! The smell of bonfires always reminds me of perfect fall evenings with the people I love. It's also a great place to share scary stories with your friends in the dark.