Fun Activities For Children

Fun Activities For Children

7 Unique Pastimes for Kids

340
Fun Activities For Children
Mary Beth Flores

Since I was a little girl I dreamed of the day I could call myself a babysitter. There is few things I love more than playing with kids and having them look up for me. I have had the privilege to watch over many children and witness them growing up into such special little human beings! Anyone with any experience with children can understand the struggle in entertaining them, I have compiled a list of fun activities to engage with children of all ages if you are running out of activities to do with your favorite little ones!

1. Drawing & Painting

This is my "go to" activity when the ideas first start running out. Not only do I love drawing and painting but you most likely will end up with a new painting to put on your wall! Kids often will ask "well what do I draw?" with this I tell them anything from a self-portrait, favorite animal, nature etc. Sometimes they need a little push to get started!

2. Take them to the Library

Alright so this may not work every time because children associate the library with school, but on rainy days this is a free option that I try to suggest. Not only can the kiddos find books to read, but the library often as many activities and games to entertain them.

3. Kids Baking Challenge or Chopped Junior

This has been one of my greatest ideas yet in my babysitting career. I often watch Kids Chopped with the little girl I babysit in the summer (love you Kendalyn) and when all else fails I set a timer for 15 minutes in the kitchen and host a competition between her and her friends. I have seen some of the most creative dishes that would put Gordan Ramsey to shame... some definitely tastier than others!

4. Lemonade Stand

On a warm summer day there is no better way to get children excited and working with one another than a good old fashion lemonade stand. This activity is perfect for a full day of fun because a lot of planning goes into it! From making signs to riding bikes down the street screaming "Get your Lemonade!" this event will be very entertaining for everyone involved.

5. Scrap Booking

I usually do this at the end of the summer with Kendalyn, but printing off funny pictures and reminiscing on different memories is always fun and memorable. I recommend Walmart for a small cheap photo book option and lots of tape!

6. Making Bracelets

I love making bracelets so this is always an activity I bring up when there needs to be some entertainment. All you need is some elastic and beads! I usually bring fun letter so you can spell words out and gift them to each other.

7. Making Super Hero Masks

I stole this idea from my sister but for an option more directed towards little boys, making masks out of cardboard is perfect for a group of rowdy boys! They can have fun creating the masks and play with them afterwards.

I hope this provides some fun for you and the wonderful children in your life. I am so very lucky for the kiddos in my life that continue to bring me so much joy and happiness!