10 Reasons 'Frozen 2' Was Better Than The Original

Possible SPOILER ALERT if you haven't seen it!

2400
Disney

I have loved the "Frozen" franchise since I saw the first movie in 2013. Its cast is incredible, I loved Idina Menzel already because, hello, it's Idina Menzel, and loved Jonathan Groff on "Glee." I was sold when I heard their voices in these characters.

While I do love the first movie, I recently saw its sequel, and personally believe it was better than the first! Some people may be quick to disagree, but hear me out first. Even if you don't hold the same opinion I do, I think we can all agree how great of a sequel this was.

Here are 10 reasons why I think (remember, this is my opinion!) "Frozen 2" is better than the original "Frozen" film:

1. The animation is a lot more smooth and organic.

Yes, the first movie did come out 6 years ago, but the animation improvements are extremely evident in the sequel.

2. The film is very meta and self-aware.

Every time Olaf gave a recap of what happened in the first movie, I laughed my head off. It was also a nice touch when any of the characters referred to the first movie, it made the plot and time change feel more real.

The best was when Elsa saw a memory of herself singing "Let It Go" and appeared annoyed, referencing how popular the song was and how often parents probably heard their kids singing it.

3. The songs are incredible!

"Into the Unknown" and "Show Yourself" might be the next "Let It Go." Jonathan Groff's voice was astounding in "Lost In The Woods!"

4. The movie has TONS of easter eggs and references!

It is a Disney film, so of course there will be a Mickey reference somewhere. There are actually a few! Elsa also builds a snow figure of Baymax from "Big Hero 6."

5. The charades scene alone.

All of the characters are hilarious here, and the dynamic between Olaf and Kristoff really shows how much they have bonded since the first movie.

6. OLAF IN THIS MOVIE! Need I say more?

Everyone's favorite snowman is more "mature" in this movie, and it's just hilarious. His fun facts that he spews out are so cute and charming, and his song "When I'm Older" is catchy and hysterical!

7. Elsa and Anna's parents have more backstory.

In the first movie, the parents are just briefly mentioned. In this one, they're fleshed out as characters more and we even get to see them as young children.

It explains why Elsa has her powers and allowed us as the audience to sympathize with their death more than we were able to before.

8. Ryder.

His character may have been minor, but it was so cute to see how similar he and Kristoff were. It was hard not to like him!

9. Anna and Kristoff get MARRIED!

They're easily my favorite couple in a Disney film. Their relationship feels so much more real than that of Cinderella and her Prince Charming.

Anna and Kristoff established a real bond rather than just sharing one dance at a ball. Also, Anna's response to the proposal was priceless.

10. Brendon Urie's cover of "Into the Unknown."

Listen to it for yourself. He has the voice of an angel.

I definitely recommend seeing the second movie. You'll catch yourself singing "Into The Unknown" under your breath, too!