From Random Roommates To Best Friends

From Random Roommates To Best Friends

Memories That Will Last A Lifetime

844
From Random Roommates To Best Friends
Quotefancy

As a high school senior I had originally planned on becoming roommates with my best friend once we went off to college. We both chose to attend West Virginia University, so we were ready to conquer the world together at the next level. Things didn't go as planned though. I ended up applying for housing in November, but she hadn't even submitted her application yet. I really wanted to live at Summit Hall, and spots were filling up quick. I ended up choosing to put myself into a random room with a stranger, and I was terrified to say the least. Thousands of thoughts filled my head. What if she is weird? What if we don't get along? What if we're nothing alike?

I searched through different social platforms to try and find her. After I found her pages I looked through her Instagram photos and realized she seemed to be just like me. We both have brown hair and blue eyes. We both cheered in high school. We were both homecoming queens. I thought to myself, "Maybe this wont be so bad, after all!" I was right. It isn't so bad after all. Turns out, we are just alike. We have a few small differences, but we're like two peas in a pod now!

Most people that meet my roommate, Hannah, and I, think that we have known one another for years. They assume we went to high school together, or at least knew each other before-hand. When we tell them that we were just randoms, their faces light up with the same funny expression every single time. I love that people think that though. It just goes to show how quickly someone you've never met, can turn into your best friend.

College is all about new experiences, and a part of that experience is making new friends. If you have the opportunity to choose a random roommate, go for it! Not only have Hannah and I become best friends, we have both gained many more friends from meeting each other. I have some friends from high school that go to school here that I have introduced her to, and vice versa. The friends that I have met through her are some of the funniest and most genuine people I have ever met. I am lucky to have met them.

At first I was genuinely surprised at the fact that choosing a random roommate paid off for me. Not everyone gets that lucky. I have heard, and now have seen, so many different horror stories about it. I never imagined throughout high school that I would've done that. I am so grateful I did though. Hannah understands my goofy, but caring personality. She also laughs at me because she knows sometimes I get hyper and talk too much.

We do almost everything together. We get our nails done, go out to eat, go to parties, and attend sporting events. We've even went home with one another on the weekends to visit our families. We have so many fun and hilarious memories together, and I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to live with her this year. She is one of the best friends I have ever had. God knew I needed someone like her in my life. I can't wait to make countless more memories with you. Thanks for always being crazy with me, Hannah.